- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
Rockford Symphony Youth Orchestra’s Spring Ensemble Concert March 16
Online Staff Report
The Rockford Symphony Youth Orchestra (RSYO) presents the annual Spring Ensemble Concert at 3 p.m., Sunday, March 16, at Mendelssohn Hall, 406 N. Main St., Rockford.
The concert program includes performances by the RSYO Brass Choir, Percussion Ensemble, Honors Woodwind Quintet, The Sterling String Quartet, and the RSYO Honors Chamber Orchestra.
Ensemble coaches include RSYO Conductor Daniel Black (Honors Chamber Orchestra), Vicki Hastings (Brass Choir), Young-Shin Yi (Sterling String Quartet), Darleen Carl-Beck (Woodwind Quintet) and Matt Eaton (Percussion Ensemble).
General admission tickets for the concert are $5 for adults and $3 for students and are available at the RSO box office (711 N. Main St.) or at the door. Visit the RSO website at www.rockfordsymphony.com or call (815) 965-0049 for more details.
The Rockford Symphony Orchestra is the parent organization of the Rockford Symphony Youth Orchestra. The RSYO offers excellence in music education and performance to young musicians throughout northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin through challenging orchestral literature. Participation in RSYO also builds additional life skills including leadership, self-discipline, self-motivation, time management and teamwork.
Posted March 12, 2014