- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Rockford Symphony Youth Orchestra’s Spring Ensemble Concert March 16
Online Staff Report
The Rockford Symphony Youth Orchestra (RSYO) presents the annual Spring Ensemble Concert at 3 p.m., Sunday, March 16, at Mendelssohn Hall, 406 N. Main St., Rockford.
The concert program includes performances by the RSYO Brass Choir, Percussion Ensemble, Honors Woodwind Quintet, The Sterling String Quartet, and the RSYO Honors Chamber Orchestra.
Ensemble coaches include RSYO Conductor Daniel Black (Honors Chamber Orchestra), Vicki Hastings (Brass Choir), Young-Shin Yi (Sterling String Quartet), Darleen Carl-Beck (Woodwind Quintet) and Matt Eaton (Percussion Ensemble).
General admission tickets for the concert are $5 for adults and $3 for students and are available at the RSO box office (711 N. Main St.) or at the door. Visit the RSO website at www.rockfordsymphony.com or call (815) 965-0049 for more details.
The Rockford Symphony Orchestra is the parent organization of the Rockford Symphony Youth Orchestra. The RSYO offers excellence in music education and performance to young musicians throughout northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin through challenging orchestral literature. Participation in RSYO also builds additional life skills including leadership, self-discipline, self-motivation, time management and teamwork.
Posted March 12, 2014