- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Rockford Symphony Youth Orchestra’s Spring Ensemble Concert March 16
Online Staff Report
The Rockford Symphony Youth Orchestra (RSYO) presents the annual Spring Ensemble Concert at 3 p.m., Sunday, March 16, at Mendelssohn Hall, 406 N. Main St., Rockford.
The concert program includes performances by the RSYO Brass Choir, Percussion Ensemble, Honors Woodwind Quintet, The Sterling String Quartet, and the RSYO Honors Chamber Orchestra.
Ensemble coaches include RSYO Conductor Daniel Black (Honors Chamber Orchestra), Vicki Hastings (Brass Choir), Young-Shin Yi (Sterling String Quartet), Darleen Carl-Beck (Woodwind Quintet) and Matt Eaton (Percussion Ensemble).
General admission tickets for the concert are $5 for adults and $3 for students and are available at the RSO box office (711 N. Main St.) or at the door. Visit the RSO website at www.rockfordsymphony.com or call (815) 965-0049 for more details.
The Rockford Symphony Orchestra is the parent organization of the Rockford Symphony Youth Orchestra. The RSYO offers excellence in music education and performance to young musicians throughout northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin through challenging orchestral literature. Participation in RSYO also builds additional life skills including leadership, self-discipline, self-motivation, time management and teamwork.
Posted March 12, 2014