- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
RVC student made an app for that!
Rock Valley College (RVC) has announced the first app developed and successfully published by a current RVC student. The name of the app is Midwest Fishing Adventures and was developed by RVC student Josh Glovinsky. The app was designed for people who love to fish. It provides USGS (United States Geological Survey) water data, fishing maps, and fishing how-to videos. Glovinsky went through Apple’s strict app screening and submittal process starting in December 2013. After waiting a few weeks, he received an e-mail from Apple stating that his app was accepted. Midwest Fishing Adventures was published to the Apple App Store in early January 2014, and is now ready to download. The app is free and designed for the iPhone, iPad or iTouch.
From the March 12-18, 2014 print edition