- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
RVC student made an app for that!
Rock Valley College (RVC) has announced the first app developed and successfully published by a current RVC student. The name of the app is Midwest Fishing Adventures and was developed by RVC student Josh Glovinsky. The app was designed for people who love to fish. It provides USGS (United States Geological Survey) water data, fishing maps, and fishing how-to videos. Glovinsky went through Apple’s strict app screening and submittal process starting in December 2013. After waiting a few weeks, he received an e-mail from Apple stating that his app was accepted. Midwest Fishing Adventures was published to the Apple App Store in early January 2014, and is now ready to download. The app is free and designed for the iPhone, iPad or iTouch.
From the March 12-18, 2014 print edition