- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Stateline Nurses Network’s 2014 expo March 28; deadline March 17
The Stateline Nurses Network will hold its 2014 expo, “The Wide, Wide World of Nursing,” from 6 to 9 p.m., Thursday, March 27, and 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Friday, March 28, at Giovanni’s Restaurant & Convention Center, 610 N. Bell School Road, Rockford. Registration deadline is March 17.
Featured keynote speakers for the event include the following:
State Sen. Dave Syverson, R-Rockford. He will speak Thursday evening about “The Affordable Care Act and Its Impact on Nurses and Those They Serve.”
- Nadjeh Awadallah, LPC, MA, EdD, behavioral therapist at SwedishAmerican Hospital, adjunct faculty at Rockford University and Argosy University. Friday morning, Awadallah will address “ADHD and Its Bearing on Adults Who Are Affected with This Disorder.”
- Rich Bimler, Ph.D., ambassador of health, hope and aging at Lutheran Life Communities in Arlington Heights, Ill., will discuss how we can’t give what we don’t have and will show how to keep compassion alive and well for the caregiver. His presentation will be Friday afternoon.
In addition, there are several breakout sessions. Continuing education credits are available for those who attend both days of the conference.
For more about the Expo, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Patty Hall at (815) 871-3625 for a brochure and/or registration rates.
From the March 12-18, 2014 print edition