- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
- Tube Talk: A bite out of the competition
- Rockford Rocked: A chat with local musician Tony Walker
- Drafts & Fare: Women brewers find more recognition in market
Stateline Nurses Network’s 2014 expo March 28; deadline March 17
The Stateline Nurses Network will hold its 2014 expo, “The Wide, Wide World of Nursing,” from 6 to 9 p.m., Thursday, March 27, and 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Friday, March 28, at Giovanni’s Restaurant & Convention Center, 610 N. Bell School Road, Rockford. Registration deadline is March 17.
Featured keynote speakers for the event include the following:
State Sen. Dave Syverson, R-Rockford. He will speak Thursday evening about “The Affordable Care Act and Its Impact on Nurses and Those They Serve.”
- Nadjeh Awadallah, LPC, MA, EdD, behavioral therapist at SwedishAmerican Hospital, adjunct faculty at Rockford University and Argosy University. Friday morning, Awadallah will address “ADHD and Its Bearing on Adults Who Are Affected with This Disorder.”
- Rich Bimler, Ph.D., ambassador of health, hope and aging at Lutheran Life Communities in Arlington Heights, Ill., will discuss how we can’t give what we don’t have and will show how to keep compassion alive and well for the caregiver. His presentation will be Friday afternoon.
In addition, there are several breakout sessions. Continuing education credits are available for those who attend both days of the conference.
For more about the Expo, contact email@example.com or call Patty Hall at (815) 871-3625 for a brochure and/or registration rates.
From the March 12-18, 2014 print edition