- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
Stateline Nurses Network’s 2014 expo March 28; deadline March 17
The Stateline Nurses Network will hold its 2014 expo, “The Wide, Wide World of Nursing,” from 6 to 9 p.m., Thursday, March 27, and 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Friday, March 28, at Giovanni’s Restaurant & Convention Center, 610 N. Bell School Road, Rockford. Registration deadline is March 17.
Featured keynote speakers for the event include the following:
State Sen. Dave Syverson, R-Rockford. He will speak Thursday evening about “The Affordable Care Act and Its Impact on Nurses and Those They Serve.”
- Nadjeh Awadallah, LPC, MA, EdD, behavioral therapist at SwedishAmerican Hospital, adjunct faculty at Rockford University and Argosy University. Friday morning, Awadallah will address “ADHD and Its Bearing on Adults Who Are Affected with This Disorder.”
- Rich Bimler, Ph.D., ambassador of health, hope and aging at Lutheran Life Communities in Arlington Heights, Ill., will discuss how we can’t give what we don’t have and will show how to keep compassion alive and well for the caregiver. His presentation will be Friday afternoon.
In addition, there are several breakout sessions. Continuing education credits are available for those who attend both days of the conference.
For more about the Expo, contact email@example.com or call Patty Hall at (815) 871-3625 for a brochure and/or registration rates.
From the March 12-18, 2014 print edition