- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
SwedishAmerican gala raises nearly $174,000 for Regional Cancer Center
Online Staff Report
For the third consecutive year, Cruise, the SwedishAmerican Foundation’s annual fund-raising gala, was a sell-out. More than 500 supporters attended this year’s event March 1 at Giovanni’s, raising nearly $174,000. Proceeds of the event benefit the new SwedishAmerican Regional Cancer Center, which opened in October 2013.
The Regional Cancer Center offers services such as medical oncology, chemotherapy and infusion; advanced radiation therapy; and medical imaging at one convenient location. Patients have access to the latest clinical trials offered by the University of Wisconsin-Madison. In addition, a full complement of holistic and support services ensures the very best treatment experience.
“This year marked the 20th anniversary of Cruise,” said SwedishAmerican Foundation Director Laura Wilkinson. “We are very thankful for the confidence the community has in the SwedishAmerican Foundation and our Regional Cancer Center. As always, we appreciate the continued generosity of our donors and sponsors.”
The Cruise ’14 committee includes Michelle Adams, Dorothy Anderson, Dr. Henry Anderson, Mary DeMarco, Mark DeWane, Patti DeWane, Carol Evans, Kay Flodin, Sue Gorski, Erich Hagenlocher, Jan Hagenlocher (chairman), Deborah Johnson, Melody Pobjecky, Barbara Shirk, Norm Shirk, Steve Schou, Laura Wilkinson and Julia Zimmerman.
Support the Cancer Center
Although Cruise is over, a donation can still help SwedishAmerican deliver exceptional care for patients and their families. To learn more about how to support the foundation or the Regional Cancer Center, contact Laura Wilkinson by calling (815) 961-2496 or sending an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SwedishAmerican Health System
SwedishAmerican is a not-for-profit, locally governed health care system, with headquarters in Rockford. The health system is composed of two hospitals, 30 clinics, a home health care agency and a foundation.
Posted March 12, 2014