- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
- Freshmen in Rockford schools beat state average in ‘on track’ to graduate
- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
Belvidere man faces ecstasy charges
Online Staff Report
BELVIDERE, Ill. — Gerardo Ponce, 21, of Belvidere, Ill., was arrested Friday, March 14, and charged with one count of unlawful delivery of a controlled substance (MDMA/ecstasy) within 1,000 feet of a public park (Class 1 felony). He is being held in the Boone County Jail on a $50,000 bond.
Ponce was arrested at his place of employment March 14. During the course of the investigation, Belvidere Police seized MDMA/ecstasy pills and U.S. currency.
The arrest concluded a two-week investigation by the Belvidere Police Department’s Narcotics Unit. According to the department, additional charges and/or arrests may be possible.
A Class 1 felony is punishable by four to 15 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections.
Anyone who has information about a crime, suspicious activity or narcotics trafficking in the Belvidere area is encouraged to contact the Belvidere Police Department at (815) 544-2135 or Crime Stoppers at (815) 547-7867.
Posted March 14, 2014