- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Belvidere man faces ecstasy charges
Online Staff Report
BELVIDERE, Ill. — Gerardo Ponce, 21, of Belvidere, Ill., was arrested Friday, March 14, and charged with one count of unlawful delivery of a controlled substance (MDMA/ecstasy) within 1,000 feet of a public park (Class 1 felony). He is being held in the Boone County Jail on a $50,000 bond.
Ponce was arrested at his place of employment March 14. During the course of the investigation, Belvidere Police seized MDMA/ecstasy pills and U.S. currency.
The arrest concluded a two-week investigation by the Belvidere Police Department’s Narcotics Unit. According to the department, additional charges and/or arrests may be possible.
A Class 1 felony is punishable by four to 15 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections.
Anyone who has information about a crime, suspicious activity or narcotics trafficking in the Belvidere area is encouraged to contact the Belvidere Police Department at (815) 544-2135 or Crime Stoppers at (815) 547-7867.
Posted March 14, 2014