- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Belvidere man faces ecstasy charges
Online Staff Report
BELVIDERE, Ill. — Gerardo Ponce, 21, of Belvidere, Ill., was arrested Friday, March 14, and charged with one count of unlawful delivery of a controlled substance (MDMA/ecstasy) within 1,000 feet of a public park (Class 1 felony). He is being held in the Boone County Jail on a $50,000 bond.
Ponce was arrested at his place of employment March 14. During the course of the investigation, Belvidere Police seized MDMA/ecstasy pills and U.S. currency.
The arrest concluded a two-week investigation by the Belvidere Police Department’s Narcotics Unit. According to the department, additional charges and/or arrests may be possible.
A Class 1 felony is punishable by four to 15 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections.
Anyone who has information about a crime, suspicious activity or narcotics trafficking in the Belvidere area is encouraged to contact the Belvidere Police Department at (815) 544-2135 or Crime Stoppers at (815) 547-7867.
Posted March 14, 2014