- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
Loves Park man raising money to buy flags for graves of veterans
Online Staff Report
A local man is in his 31st year raising money to buy flags for graves of veterans.
Lee Hartsfield, of Loves Park, saw action in the South Pacific during World War II. Last year, he raised enough to buy 2,900 flags that were placed on graves during Memorial Day.
Those interested may purchase 144 flags for $100, 288 flags for $200 or 432 flags for $300.
Flags are free to the public and will distributed at the Field of Honor, outside the Loves Park City Hall.