- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Loves Park man raising money to buy flags for graves of veterans
Online Staff Report
A local man is in his 31st year raising money to buy flags for graves of veterans.
Lee Hartsfield, of Loves Park, saw action in the South Pacific during World War II. Last year, he raised enough to buy 2,900 flags that were placed on graves during Memorial Day.
Those interested may purchase 144 flags for $100, 288 flags for $200 or 432 flags for $300.
Flags are free to the public and will distributed at the Field of Honor, outside the Loves Park City Hall.