- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Loves Park man raising money to buy flags for graves of veterans
Online Staff Report
A local man is in his 31st year raising money to buy flags for graves of veterans.
Lee Hartsfield, of Loves Park, saw action in the South Pacific during World War II. Last year, he raised enough to buy 2,900 flags that were placed on graves during Memorial Day.
Those interested may purchase 144 flags for $100, 288 flags for $200 or 432 flags for $300.
Flags are free to the public and will distributed at the Field of Honor, outside the Loves Park City Hall.