- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Loves Park man raising money to buy flags for graves of veterans
Online Staff Report
A local man is in his 31st year raising money to buy flags for graves of veterans.
Lee Hartsfield, of Loves Park, saw action in the South Pacific during World War II. Last year, he raised enough to buy 2,900 flags that were placed on graves during Memorial Day.
Those interested may purchase 144 flags for $100, 288 flags for $200 or 432 flags for $300.
Flags are free to the public and will distributed at the Field of Honor, outside the Loves Park City Hall.