- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Loves Park man raising money to buy flags for graves of veterans
Online Staff Report
A local man is in his 31st year raising money to buy flags for graves of veterans.
Lee Hartsfield, of Loves Park, saw action in the South Pacific during World War II. Last year, he raised enough to buy 2,900 flags that were placed on graves during Memorial Day.
Those interested may purchase 144 flags for $100, 288 flags for $200 or 432 flags for $300.
Flags are free to the public and will distributed at the Field of Honor, outside the Loves Park City Hall.