- Riverside Community Bank announces merger
- Rockford Public Library announces choice for new director
- 27 businesses penalized for selling alcohol to minors
- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
Order tickets early for Bears’ May 9 draft special event at Soldier Field
By Doug Halberstadt
Tickets are on sale for a rather unique sporting event. The 2014 Chicago Bears Miller Lite Draft Party presented by Chase Bank will take place at Soldier Field Friday, May 9, beginning at 5 p.m. General admission tickets are $40 each.
Highlights of this year’s party include watching the draft on more than 100 high-definition televisions strategically placed around the stadium. Bears television and radio personality Jeff Joniak and former offensive lineman Tom Thayer will be in attendance providing expert comments and live analysis of the draft.
Several former and current Bears players will be on hand for autographs and photo opportunities. Fans will also get a chance to tour the Bears locker room and the press interview room. If the weather cooperates that evening, there are also plans for field goal kicking and pass catching.
There will be drawings for autographed Bears merchandise and special Miller Lite souvenirs for fans 21 and older. The Bears pro shop and concession stands will be open with a variety of special offers.
Anyone purchasing tickets to the party with their Master Card will receive $10 per ticket in Bear Bucks, which can be used for food and beverages at the event. Tickets can be purchased online at www.ticketmaster.com.
There’s also an opportunity to purchase a VIP experience at the party. Fans can purchase a table for eight including: reserved premium seating, wait staff service, two parking passes and an exclusive Miller Lite Draft Party gift per guest. Call (847) 615-2327 for more information.
I was informed tickets for this event sold out last year, so make your plans now and order your tickets early.
Doug Halberstadt can be reached via e-mail at Dougster61@aol.com.
From the March 19-25, 2014, issue