- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Rockford JV Icemen in search of third-straight state hockey title
Online Staff Report
The No. 1 seed Rockford JV Icemen defeated Maine Township in the semi-finals with a score of 6-1. They will take on the No. 2 seed Plainfield Hockey Team at 6:45 p.m., Wednesday, March 19, at The Edge in Bensenville, Ill. The team will be going for their third straight title.
The JV Icemen have a record of 28-13-0. They will be led into the championship game by coach Brandon Haight and assistant coaches Drew Phillip and Brian Moore. The team has three seniors: Captain Brandon Needham and assistant captains Lou Gilbert and Chase Glidden.
Players of the JV Icemen are Nate Andersen, Kodee Busekros, Michael Butera, Ben Calkins, Sean Daily, Lou Gilbert, Chase Glidden, Mitchell Hansen, Zach Hoffman, Travis Lewis, Jeremy Mattis, Bryn Morgan, Brandon Needham, Brendan Schoonover and Dennis Thornton-Gay.
All players of the JV team are students at one of the high schools that are included in the Icemen High School program: Rockford Boylan Catholic, Machesney Park Harlem and Rockton Hononegah.
Posted March 18, 2014