- IceHogs drop Wolves 4-3 at home
- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
Rockford JV Icemen in search of third-straight state hockey title
Online Staff Report
The No. 1 seed Rockford JV Icemen defeated Maine Township in the semi-finals with a score of 6-1. They will take on the No. 2 seed Plainfield Hockey Team at 6:45 p.m., Wednesday, March 19, at The Edge in Bensenville, Ill. The team will be going for their third straight title.
The JV Icemen have a record of 28-13-0. They will be led into the championship game by coach Brandon Haight and assistant coaches Drew Phillip and Brian Moore. The team has three seniors: Captain Brandon Needham and assistant captains Lou Gilbert and Chase Glidden.
Players of the JV Icemen are Nate Andersen, Kodee Busekros, Michael Butera, Ben Calkins, Sean Daily, Lou Gilbert, Chase Glidden, Mitchell Hansen, Zach Hoffman, Travis Lewis, Jeremy Mattis, Bryn Morgan, Brandon Needham, Brendan Schoonover and Dennis Thornton-Gay.
All players of the JV team are students at one of the high schools that are included in the Icemen High School program: Rockford Boylan Catholic, Machesney Park Harlem and Rockton Hononegah.
Posted March 18, 2014