- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Rockford JV Icemen in search of third-straight state hockey title
Online Staff Report
The No. 1 seed Rockford JV Icemen defeated Maine Township in the semi-finals with a score of 6-1. They will take on the No. 2 seed Plainfield Hockey Team at 6:45 p.m., Wednesday, March 19, at The Edge in Bensenville, Ill. The team will be going for their third straight title.
The JV Icemen have a record of 28-13-0. They will be led into the championship game by coach Brandon Haight and assistant coaches Drew Phillip and Brian Moore. The team has three seniors: Captain Brandon Needham and assistant captains Lou Gilbert and Chase Glidden.
Players of the JV Icemen are Nate Andersen, Kodee Busekros, Michael Butera, Ben Calkins, Sean Daily, Lou Gilbert, Chase Glidden, Mitchell Hansen, Zach Hoffman, Travis Lewis, Jeremy Mattis, Bryn Morgan, Brandon Needham, Brendan Schoonover and Dennis Thornton-Gay.
All players of the JV team are students at one of the high schools that are included in the Icemen High School program: Rockford Boylan Catholic, Machesney Park Harlem and Rockton Hononegah.
Posted March 18, 2014