- Democrats readying $36 billion budget
- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
Rockford JV Icemen in search of third-straight state hockey title
Online Staff Report
The No. 1 seed Rockford JV Icemen defeated Maine Township in the semi-finals with a score of 6-1. They will take on the No. 2 seed Plainfield Hockey Team at 6:45 p.m., Wednesday, March 19, at The Edge in Bensenville, Ill. The team will be going for their third straight title.
The JV Icemen have a record of 28-13-0. They will be led into the championship game by coach Brandon Haight and assistant coaches Drew Phillip and Brian Moore. The team has three seniors: Captain Brandon Needham and assistant captains Lou Gilbert and Chase Glidden.
Players of the JV Icemen are Nate Andersen, Kodee Busekros, Michael Butera, Ben Calkins, Sean Daily, Lou Gilbert, Chase Glidden, Mitchell Hansen, Zach Hoffman, Travis Lewis, Jeremy Mattis, Bryn Morgan, Brandon Needham, Brendan Schoonover and Dennis Thornton-Gay.
All players of the JV team are students at one of the high schools that are included in the Icemen High School program: Rockford Boylan Catholic, Machesney Park Harlem and Rockton Hononegah.
Posted March 18, 2014