- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden to host Arbor Dash 5K April 25
Celebrate Arbor Day with a run through the woods! The first-ever Arbor Dash, set to start at 6:30 p.m., Friday, April 25, is a non-competitive fun run through Klehm Arboretum’s 155 acres of unique trees and glorious gardens at twilight. Part road race, part trail run, the Arbor Dash is open to runners and walkers of all ages and fitness levels, and everyone leaves with their very own tree.
Participants will receive a commemorative Arbor Dash T-shirt, entrance to Klehm’s grounds for the day, a seedling to plant and more. Registration fee will help Klehm continue to fulfill its mission to maintain a living museum for the enjoyment, education and inspiration of all people.
Registration prior to April 18 is $15 for members and $20 for non-members. Registration after April 18 or the day of the race is $25 for everyone.
Klehm is at 2715 S. Main St. and can be reached at (815) 965-8146. Register for the race at https://runsignup.com/Race/IL/Rockford/ArborDash5K.
From the March 19-25, 2014, issue