- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden to host Arbor Dash 5K April 25
Celebrate Arbor Day with a run through the woods! The first-ever Arbor Dash, set to start at 6:30 p.m., Friday, April 25, is a non-competitive fun run through Klehm Arboretum’s 155 acres of unique trees and glorious gardens at twilight. Part road race, part trail run, the Arbor Dash is open to runners and walkers of all ages and fitness levels, and everyone leaves with their very own tree.
Participants will receive a commemorative Arbor Dash T-shirt, entrance to Klehm’s grounds for the day, a seedling to plant and more. Registration fee will help Klehm continue to fulfill its mission to maintain a living museum for the enjoyment, education and inspiration of all people.
Registration prior to April 18 is $15 for members and $20 for non-members. Registration after April 18 or the day of the race is $25 for everyone.
Klehm is at 2715 S. Main St. and can be reached at (815) 965-8146. Register for the race at https://runsignup.com/Race/IL/Rockford/ArborDash5K.
From the March 19-25, 2014, issue