- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
Local street wear company opens downtown boutique
The Covert Empire, known for its line of urban street wear (fitted hats, hoodies, T-shirts and other accessories) as well as for filming music videos in the Rockford, Chicago and Milwaukee areas for well more than a decade, will open a Covert Empire Flagship Store/Boutique in downtown Rockford. The Covert Empire has had a large presence on the Internet with dozens of music videos, promo videos and plenty of Covert gear splashed all over the place, which ultimately led to a physical store. The store has been in the making since last September, and the Grand Opening will be March 21 and 22 at 103 Hall St., off East State next to Creative Pig Minds. It will be open from noon to 8 p.m. Local hip hop artists, musicians and others are invited to hang out while checking out the Covert gear and other vintage clothing. For more information, visit www.TheCovertEmpire.com or follow @CovertEmpire on Twitter.
From the March 19-25, 2014, issue