- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Local street wear company opens downtown boutique
The Covert Empire, known for its line of urban street wear (fitted hats, hoodies, T-shirts and other accessories) as well as for filming music videos in the Rockford, Chicago and Milwaukee areas for well more than a decade, will open a Covert Empire Flagship Store/Boutique in downtown Rockford. The Covert Empire has had a large presence on the Internet with dozens of music videos, promo videos and plenty of Covert gear splashed all over the place, which ultimately led to a physical store. The store has been in the making since last September, and the Grand Opening will be March 21 and 22 at 103 Hall St., off East State next to Creative Pig Minds. It will be open from noon to 8 p.m. Local hip hop artists, musicians and others are invited to hang out while checking out the Covert gear and other vintage clothing. For more information, visit www.TheCovertEmpire.com or follow @CovertEmpire on Twitter.
From the March 19-25, 2014, issue