- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center dietitians offer grocery store tour
Healthy eating begins at the grocery store, but the options can be overwhelming. Is there a difference between whole wheat and whole grain? Should I use olive oil instead of vegetable oil? What’s the healthiest cereal option?
OSF dietitians Nathan Hamman and Adam Schafer will offer expert recommendations about how to make healthy choices at the grocery store. The tour is intended to be interactive, so participants are encouraged to attend with questions.
The tour is limited to 12 participants and runs 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., Monday, March 24, at Schnucks (formerly Logli), 6410 E. State St., Rockford.
To celebrate National Nutrition Month, the tour will be offered at a discounted rate of $10. Participants must pay in advance (cash, check, debit card and credit card accepted). Call (815) 227-2274 to register.
From the March 19-25, 2014, issue