- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center dietitians offer grocery store tour
Healthy eating begins at the grocery store, but the options can be overwhelming. Is there a difference between whole wheat and whole grain? Should I use olive oil instead of vegetable oil? What’s the healthiest cereal option?
OSF dietitians Nathan Hamman and Adam Schafer will offer expert recommendations about how to make healthy choices at the grocery store. The tour is intended to be interactive, so participants are encouraged to attend with questions.
The tour is limited to 12 participants and runs 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., Monday, March 24, at Schnucks (formerly Logli), 6410 E. State St., Rockford.
To celebrate National Nutrition Month, the tour will be offered at a discounted rate of $10. Participants must pay in advance (cash, check, debit card and credit card accepted). Call (815) 227-2274 to register.
From the March 19-25, 2014, issue