- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center dietitians offer grocery store tour
Healthy eating begins at the grocery store, but the options can be overwhelming. Is there a difference between whole wheat and whole grain? Should I use olive oil instead of vegetable oil? What’s the healthiest cereal option?
OSF dietitians Nathan Hamman and Adam Schafer will offer expert recommendations about how to make healthy choices at the grocery store. The tour is intended to be interactive, so participants are encouraged to attend with questions.
The tour is limited to 12 participants and runs 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., Monday, March 24, at Schnucks (formerly Logli), 6410 E. State St., Rockford.
To celebrate National Nutrition Month, the tour will be offered at a discounted rate of $10. Participants must pay in advance (cash, check, debit card and credit card accepted). Call (815) 227-2274 to register.
From the March 19-25, 2014, issue