- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
- State Roundup: Plaintiffs join Rauner on fair share case
OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center dietitians offer grocery store tour
Healthy eating begins at the grocery store, but the options can be overwhelming. Is there a difference between whole wheat and whole grain? Should I use olive oil instead of vegetable oil? What’s the healthiest cereal option?
OSF dietitians Nathan Hamman and Adam Schafer will offer expert recommendations about how to make healthy choices at the grocery store. The tour is intended to be interactive, so participants are encouraged to attend with questions.
The tour is limited to 12 participants and runs 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., Monday, March 24, at Schnucks (formerly Logli), 6410 E. State St., Rockford.
To celebrate National Nutrition Month, the tour will be offered at a discounted rate of $10. Participants must pay in advance (cash, check, debit card and credit card accepted). Call (815) 227-2274 to register.
From the March 19-25, 2014, issue