- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center dietitians offer grocery store tour
Healthy eating begins at the grocery store, but the options can be overwhelming. Is there a difference between whole wheat and whole grain? Should I use olive oil instead of vegetable oil? What’s the healthiest cereal option?
OSF dietitians Nathan Hamman and Adam Schafer will offer expert recommendations about how to make healthy choices at the grocery store. The tour is intended to be interactive, so participants are encouraged to attend with questions.
The tour is limited to 12 participants and runs 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., Monday, March 24, at Schnucks (formerly Logli), 6410 E. State St., Rockford.
To celebrate National Nutrition Month, the tour will be offered at a discounted rate of $10. Participants must pay in advance (cash, check, debit card and credit card accepted). Call (815) 227-2274 to register.
From the March 19-25, 2014, issue