- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Six months of Tae Kwon Do lessons for $60
By Doug Halberstadt
Like most people these days, I enjoy finding a great deal. I found one this week. Thanks to an e-mail I received, this sports-related deal was brought to my attention. I think it’s worthy of sharing. A local Tae Kwon Do studio is offering six months of lessons for $60. That’s 50 percent off their regular rate of $120. Sometimes these deals seem too good to be true. I’ve read the fine print and can’t find any reason not to recommend this deal.
Wolf Pack Tae Kwon Do will teach anyone 6 years of age or older the basics of the sport during an introductory eight-lesson course. The classes are taught by Jesse Jenkins, a second-degree black belt.
Master Jenkins will demonstrate the basic stances, blocks, kicks and punches. Students will also be introduced to Hap Ki Do, another type of martial arts that focuses on hand releasing techniques. Those skills are designed to free yourself from the grasp of an attacker.
In addition to the physical skills attained during the course, students will also acquire and start to build self-control, respect for others, courtesy, perseverance and integrity.
Additional benefits of Tae Kwon Do include increased cardio health, muscle toning and flexibility. Master Jenkins will discuss with each student specific goals hoped to be achieved during the training.
This offer is valid until May 22, and all lessons must be scheduled in advance. All students must be in good health prior to starting a Tae Kwon Do regimen. There is no refund for any unused lessons.
The Wolf Pack Tae Kwon Do studio is inside the Millennium Center at 220 S. Madison St. in Rockford. For more about this offer, call (779) 770-1753.
Doug Halberstadt can be reached via e-mail at Dougster61@aol.com.
Posted March 25, 2014