- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Six months of Tae Kwon Do lessons for $60
By Doug Halberstadt
Like most people these days, I enjoy finding a great deal. I found one this week. Thanks to an e-mail I received, this sports-related deal was brought to my attention. I think it’s worthy of sharing. A local Tae Kwon Do studio is offering six months of lessons for $60. That’s 50 percent off their regular rate of $120. Sometimes these deals seem too good to be true. I’ve read the fine print and can’t find any reason not to recommend this deal.
Wolf Pack Tae Kwon Do will teach anyone 6 years of age or older the basics of the sport during an introductory eight-lesson course. The classes are taught by Jesse Jenkins, a second-degree black belt.
Master Jenkins will demonstrate the basic stances, blocks, kicks and punches. Students will also be introduced to Hap Ki Do, another type of martial arts that focuses on hand releasing techniques. Those skills are designed to free yourself from the grasp of an attacker.
In addition to the physical skills attained during the course, students will also acquire and start to build self-control, respect for others, courtesy, perseverance and integrity.
Additional benefits of Tae Kwon Do include increased cardio health, muscle toning and flexibility. Master Jenkins will discuss with each student specific goals hoped to be achieved during the training.
This offer is valid until May 22, and all lessons must be scheduled in advance. All students must be in good health prior to starting a Tae Kwon Do regimen. There is no refund for any unused lessons.
The Wolf Pack Tae Kwon Do studio is inside the Millennium Center at 220 S. Madison St. in Rockford. For more about this offer, call (779) 770-1753.
Doug Halberstadt can be reached via e-mail at Dougster61@aol.com.
Posted March 25, 2014