- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Two arrested after allegedly beating, stripping man nude
Online Staff Report
On the early morning hours of Tuesday, March 25, Winnebago County Sheriff’s deputies were sent to the 600 block of Homestead in regards to a nude man who had kicked open a door to a residence.
Upon arrival, they found a 26-year-old male who had been battered at a residence in the 600 block of Homestead. He had fled that home and kicked in the door of another home on Homestead seeking help.
It was determined the male victim and a female friend had gone to the home on Homestead with an acquaintance earlier in the morning. A dispute took place in the residence, and the victim was battered and stripped of his clothing. He ran from the home seeking assistance.
The incident appears to be drug-related.
The following men have been charged: Chad Dobbs, 29, and Joel Dach, 27.
Both Dobbs and Dach are charged with aggravated battery and unlawful restraint.
Dobbs is also charged with violation of the Illinois Controlled Substance Act (cocaine) and violation of the Cannabis Control Act.
The men are being held at Winnebago County Jail.
Posted March 25, 2014