- Tech-Friendly: Get the LG G Flex 2 and other big smartphones at U.S. Cellular
- State Roundup: Unfunded pension liability greater impact than fluctuating revenue
- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
March 29 ‘Night of Many Dances’ to raise funds for scholarships for Rockford students
Online Staff Report
Leadership Rockford has partnered with Lydia Urban Academy and will be hosting the Second Annual “Night of Many Dances” fund-raiser from 6 to 9 p.m., Saturday, March 29, at Giovanni’s, 610 N. Bell School Road, Rockford.
Leadership Rockford is a program created more than 50 years ago by the Rockford Chamber of Commerce to enhance awareness of business, government and civic issues and opportunities through an interactive process and motivate direct involvement in business and community leadership.
The collaboration with Lydia Urban Academy will raise funds providing students with scholarships. This will give students a second chance to achieve success in earning their high school diploma while equipping them with the skills to prepare them to be contributing members of their community.
The Night of Many Dances will entertain your mind as you witness an array of multi-cultural dance groups from the Rockford area and touch your heart as you learn how a “Change in Education” will “Change the Community.”
Lydia Urban Academy is an NCA accredited, non-traditional, Christian high school whose purpose is to serve students who are not succeeding in the traditional school system. Lydia is a high school diploma program with a unique focus on character education, work readiness, life skills training and mentoring.
Posted March 26, 2014