- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
March 29 ‘Night of Many Dances’ to raise funds for scholarships for Rockford students
Online Staff Report
Leadership Rockford has partnered with Lydia Urban Academy and will be hosting the Second Annual “Night of Many Dances” fund-raiser from 6 to 9 p.m., Saturday, March 29, at Giovanni’s, 610 N. Bell School Road, Rockford.
Leadership Rockford is a program created more than 50 years ago by the Rockford Chamber of Commerce to enhance awareness of business, government and civic issues and opportunities through an interactive process and motivate direct involvement in business and community leadership.
The collaboration with Lydia Urban Academy will raise funds providing students with scholarships. This will give students a second chance to achieve success in earning their high school diploma while equipping them with the skills to prepare them to be contributing members of their community.
The Night of Many Dances will entertain your mind as you witness an array of multi-cultural dance groups from the Rockford area and touch your heart as you learn how a “Change in Education” will “Change the Community.”
Lydia Urban Academy is an NCA accredited, non-traditional, Christian high school whose purpose is to serve students who are not succeeding in the traditional school system. Lydia is a high school diploma program with a unique focus on character education, work readiness, life skills training and mentoring.
Posted March 26, 2014