- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
- Freshmen in Rockford schools beat state average in ‘on track’ to graduate
- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
March 29 ‘Night of Many Dances’ to raise funds for scholarships for Rockford students
Online Staff Report
Leadership Rockford has partnered with Lydia Urban Academy and will be hosting the Second Annual “Night of Many Dances” fund-raiser from 6 to 9 p.m., Saturday, March 29, at Giovanni’s, 610 N. Bell School Road, Rockford.
Leadership Rockford is a program created more than 50 years ago by the Rockford Chamber of Commerce to enhance awareness of business, government and civic issues and opportunities through an interactive process and motivate direct involvement in business and community leadership.
The collaboration with Lydia Urban Academy will raise funds providing students with scholarships. This will give students a second chance to achieve success in earning their high school diploma while equipping them with the skills to prepare them to be contributing members of their community.
The Night of Many Dances will entertain your mind as you witness an array of multi-cultural dance groups from the Rockford area and touch your heart as you learn how a “Change in Education” will “Change the Community.”
Lydia Urban Academy is an NCA accredited, non-traditional, Christian high school whose purpose is to serve students who are not succeeding in the traditional school system. Lydia is a high school diploma program with a unique focus on character education, work readiness, life skills training and mentoring.
Posted March 26, 2014