- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
March 29 ‘What’s Cookin’ 2014’ to benefit Rock River Center
Online Staff Report
OREGON, Ill. — “What’s Cookin’ 2014” is a new event slated for 5 p.m., Saturday, March 29, at Oak Lane, 3261 S. Daysville Road, Oregon, Ill.
What’s Cookin’ 2014 will feature teams of four preparing a food item in one of the following categories: appetizer, entree, side dish or dessert.
The public is invited to attend the event, and for a designated amount of time can walk around taste-testing the teams’ food items. Admission is $20 per person. Organizers Joyce Bruns and Diane Palmer are hoping to attract 35 different cooking teams.
Proceeds from the event will go to the Rock River Center in Oregon, Ill. The facility provides resources, activities and services that improve the quality of life for Ogle County’s older adults, the disadvantaged, caregivers and the greater community.
Those interested in participating in the event as a four-person cooking team, a sponsor or a volunteer should visit whatscookin.homestead.com or call (815) 973-1432.
Posted March 26, 2014