- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
‘Money Smart Gardening’ offered in April
By U of I Extension
The No. 1 hobby in the United States is gardening, and for good reasons. Gardening is fun and rewarding, it is good physical exercise, and you can grow your own, great-tasting food.
A no-cost program titled “Money Smart Gardening” will be hosted by University of Illinois Extension and will give participants tips and resources about how to enjoy the hobby of gardening while staying within their budget.
“Money Smart Gardening” will be held on a variety of dates throughout northern Illinois, and will be led by U of I Extension Master Gardeners. There is no charge to attend, but pre-registration is required.
Following are details of the events:
• Monday, April 7, 1 to 2 p.m., First Community Bank of Galena, 101 Exchange St., Galena, Ill.;
• Monday, April 7, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., Highland Community College West, 310 N. West St., Elizabeth, Ill.;
• Monday, April 7, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Freeport Public Library, 100 E. Douglas St., Freeport, Ill.; and
• Friday, April 11, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Rockford Public Library, East Branch, 6685 E. State St., Rockford.
To register, visit web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw, or call your local Extension office: Jo Daviess County, (815) 858-2273; Stephenson County, (815) 235-4125; and Winnebago County, (815) 986-4357.
From the March 26-April 1, 2014, issue