- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
‘Money Smart Gardening’ offered in April
By U of I Extension
The No. 1 hobby in the United States is gardening, and for good reasons. Gardening is fun and rewarding, it is good physical exercise, and you can grow your own, great-tasting food.
A no-cost program titled “Money Smart Gardening” will be hosted by University of Illinois Extension and will give participants tips and resources about how to enjoy the hobby of gardening while staying within their budget.
“Money Smart Gardening” will be held on a variety of dates throughout northern Illinois, and will be led by U of I Extension Master Gardeners. There is no charge to attend, but pre-registration is required.
Following are details of the events:
• Monday, April 7, 1 to 2 p.m., First Community Bank of Galena, 101 Exchange St., Galena, Ill.;
• Monday, April 7, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., Highland Community College West, 310 N. West St., Elizabeth, Ill.;
• Monday, April 7, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Freeport Public Library, 100 E. Douglas St., Freeport, Ill.; and
• Friday, April 11, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Rockford Public Library, East Branch, 6685 E. State St., Rockford.
To register, visit web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw, or call your local Extension office: Jo Daviess County, (815) 858-2273; Stephenson County, (815) 235-4125; and Winnebago County, (815) 986-4357.
From the March 26-April 1, 2014, issue