- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Oregon, Ill., antiques show set for March 29-30
Online Staff Report
OREGON, Ill. — The Oregon Woman’s Club will present its 64th annual antique show from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, March 29, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, March 30, at the Blackhawk Center, 1101 W. Jefferson St., Oregon, Ill.
Admission to the event is $6 per person, good for both days. Door prizes will be awarded throughout the day, both days.
Many changes to the show have taken place during the past 60-plus years. This year is no exception, with the addition of new dealers for a total of five states represented.
The Oregon Woman’s Club, a member of the General Federation of Women’s Clubs, sponsors this show as a major fund-raising event and uses the proceeds to help fund various community projects and charities.
The Blackhawk Center Sports Arena offers ample parking, handicap accessibility and a huge area for the 52 Midwest antique dealers to display their merchandise.
Quality antiques from the early 1800s through the retro era of the 1950s includes all areas of collecting — furniture, glass, china, pottery, toys, primitives, textiles, jewelry, dolls, silver, decorator items and more.
The food concession will be provided by the Chana United Methodist Ladies. The menu will include Homemade Chicken & Noodles, Sloppy Joes and various other sandwiches, chips, beverages and a selection of desserts.
Mary Lou’s Crystal Repair from Joliet, Ill., will be on hand both days to repair damaged heirlooms “while you wait.”
Sunday, Munda & Associates, auctioneers and appraisers from Freeport, Ill., will offer verbal appraisals of small treasures for $5 per item. Supply photos of large items. If a written appraisal is needed, discuss details with Munda & Associates.
For more about the show, call (815) 732-2219 or (815) 652-2047.
Posted March 26, 2014