- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Raúl Prieto Ramírez, organist, to perform in Sounds from the Sanctuary Concert
Online Staff Report
First Lutheran Church, 225 S. Third St., Rockford, offers the third in its eclectic Sounds from the Sanctuary 2013-14 concert series when it presents Raúl Prieto Ramírez, organist, at 3 p.m., Sunday, March 30, at the church.
Raúl Prieto Ramírez’s career as an artist of international stature was confirmed when he was appointed, at age 27, as the first Organist-in-Residence at Madrid’s Auditorio Nacional de Musica, Spain’s National Concert Hall. Within the first six months of his appointment, he hugely increased attendance at the hall’s organ recitals, and critics hailed him as one of the most exciting talents in Spain’s music scene.
He is now a full-time concert organist with a busy global schedule that takes him to major festivals and concert halls, organ dedications, AGO conventions, AGO chapters and celebrity series, as well as to summer academies and recitals in Spain and throughout Europe.
The concert, one of numerous events celebrating First Lutheran Church’s 160th anniversary, is free and open to the public. A freewill offering will be received.
The concluding concert in the 2013-2014 Sounds from the Sanctuary series will feature the Vocal Collective from Rockford University, Sunday, May 11.
First Lutheran, corner of Third and Oak streets, is in the heart of Rockford’s historic Haight Village. A large parking lot sits adjacent to the church. Street parking and nearby public lots are also available. First Lutheran is handicap accessible.
For more about the concert series, contact First Lutheran at (815) 962-6691.
Posted March 26, 2014