- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
Raúl Prieto Ramírez, organist, to perform in Sounds from the Sanctuary Concert
Online Staff Report
First Lutheran Church, 225 S. Third St., Rockford, offers the third in its eclectic Sounds from the Sanctuary 2013-14 concert series when it presents Raúl Prieto Ramírez, organist, at 3 p.m., Sunday, March 30, at the church.
Raúl Prieto Ramírez’s career as an artist of international stature was confirmed when he was appointed, at age 27, as the first Organist-in-Residence at Madrid’s Auditorio Nacional de Musica, Spain’s National Concert Hall. Within the first six months of his appointment, he hugely increased attendance at the hall’s organ recitals, and critics hailed him as one of the most exciting talents in Spain’s music scene.
He is now a full-time concert organist with a busy global schedule that takes him to major festivals and concert halls, organ dedications, AGO conventions, AGO chapters and celebrity series, as well as to summer academies and recitals in Spain and throughout Europe.
The concert, one of numerous events celebrating First Lutheran Church’s 160th anniversary, is free and open to the public. A freewill offering will be received.
The concluding concert in the 2013-2014 Sounds from the Sanctuary series will feature the Vocal Collective from Rockford University, Sunday, May 11.
First Lutheran, corner of Third and Oak streets, is in the heart of Rockford’s historic Haight Village. A large parking lot sits adjacent to the church. Street parking and nearby public lots are also available. First Lutheran is handicap accessible.
For more about the concert series, contact First Lutheran at (815) 962-6691.
Posted March 26, 2014