- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Reno & Zahm attorney Craig Thomas to head RAVE Authority Board
Online Staff Report
Reno & Zahm partner and attorney Craig Thomas will become the new head of the Rockford Area Venues and Entertainment Authority (RAVE) Board at the board’s March 28 meeting.
The RAVE Board oversees the BMO Harris Bank Center, Davis Park and Coronado Performing Arts Center, and was first appointed by Rockford Mayor Larry Morrissey (I), Loves Park Mayor Darryl Lindberg and Winnebago County Board Chairman Scott Christiansen (R) in March 2010.
Mike Dunn has served as board chairman since the organization’s inception, while Thomas has served as the group’s vice chairman.
Although he is stepping aside as chairman, Dunn, who also serves as executive director of Chicago Rockford International Airport, will remain on the board.
Other members of the RAVE Board include Gordon Kaye, general manager; Frank Beach, Rockford City Council liaison; Venita Hervey, Rockford City Council liaison; Tim Rollins, legal counsel; John Phelps, treasurer; Nicole Joseph, secretary; Lori Burke; Luz Ramirez; Michael Schirger; Sunil Puri; and Tom Walsh.
Posted March 26, 2014