- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Reno & Zahm attorney Craig Thomas to head RAVE Authority Board
Online Staff Report
Reno & Zahm partner and attorney Craig Thomas will become the new head of the Rockford Area Venues and Entertainment Authority (RAVE) Board at the board’s March 28 meeting.
The RAVE Board oversees the BMO Harris Bank Center, Davis Park and Coronado Performing Arts Center, and was first appointed by Rockford Mayor Larry Morrissey (I), Loves Park Mayor Darryl Lindberg and Winnebago County Board Chairman Scott Christiansen (R) in March 2010.
Mike Dunn has served as board chairman since the organization’s inception, while Thomas has served as the group’s vice chairman.
Although he is stepping aside as chairman, Dunn, who also serves as executive director of Chicago Rockford International Airport, will remain on the board.
Other members of the RAVE Board include Gordon Kaye, general manager; Frank Beach, Rockford City Council liaison; Venita Hervey, Rockford City Council liaison; Tim Rollins, legal counsel; John Phelps, treasurer; Nicole Joseph, secretary; Lori Burke; Luz Ramirez; Michael Schirger; Sunil Puri; and Tom Walsh.
Posted March 26, 2014