- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
‘Rock ’n’ Roll Charity Show’ March 29 at Kryptonite benefits cancer research for kids
Online Staff Report
Saturday, March 29, Rockford’s Kryptonite Bar, 308 W. State St., will host a “Rock ’n’ Roll Charity Show” to benefit cancer research for kids. The event begins at 8 p.m., with bands Guide Our Ships and The Gallows taking the stage around 10 p.m.
A $5 cover will go to the SwedishAmerican Foundation to help with cancer research for children.
Also featured at the event will be the Screw City Beardsmen, Ben Crowley and the crew from Carlyle Brewing Co.
Those in attendance will have a chance to win various raffles.
Participating organizations include the Dairyhäus, Kryptonite Bar, East State Barber Stylist, SwedishAmerican Foundation,Carlyle Brewing Company, Sacred Art Tattoo, Various Beardsmen and The Screw City Beardsmen.
Visit kryptonitebar.com or call (815) 965-0931 for more details.
Posted March 26, 2014