- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
‘Rock ’n’ Roll Charity Show’ March 29 at Kryptonite benefits cancer research for kids
Online Staff Report
Saturday, March 29, Rockford’s Kryptonite Bar, 308 W. State St., will host a “Rock ’n’ Roll Charity Show” to benefit cancer research for kids. The event begins at 8 p.m., with bands Guide Our Ships and The Gallows taking the stage around 10 p.m.
A $5 cover will go to the SwedishAmerican Foundation to help with cancer research for children.
Also featured at the event will be the Screw City Beardsmen, Ben Crowley and the crew from Carlyle Brewing Co.
Those in attendance will have a chance to win various raffles.
Participating organizations include the Dairyhäus, Kryptonite Bar, East State Barber Stylist, SwedishAmerican Foundation,Carlyle Brewing Company, Sacred Art Tattoo, Various Beardsmen and The Screw City Beardsmen.
Visit kryptonitebar.com or call (815) 965-0931 for more details.
Posted March 26, 2014