- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
‘Rock ’n’ Roll Charity Show’ March 29 at Kryptonite benefits cancer research for kids
Online Staff Report
Saturday, March 29, Rockford’s Kryptonite Bar, 308 W. State St., will host a “Rock ’n’ Roll Charity Show” to benefit cancer research for kids. The event begins at 8 p.m., with bands Guide Our Ships and The Gallows taking the stage around 10 p.m.
A $5 cover will go to the SwedishAmerican Foundation to help with cancer research for children.
Also featured at the event will be the Screw City Beardsmen, Ben Crowley and the crew from Carlyle Brewing Co.
Those in attendance will have a chance to win various raffles.
Participating organizations include the Dairyhäus, Kryptonite Bar, East State Barber Stylist, SwedishAmerican Foundation,Carlyle Brewing Company, Sacred Art Tattoo, Various Beardsmen and The Screw City Beardsmen.
Visit kryptonitebar.com or call (815) 965-0931 for more details.
Posted March 26, 2014