- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
‘Rock ’n’ Roll Charity Show’ March 29 at Kryptonite benefits cancer research for kids
Online Staff Report
Saturday, March 29, Rockford’s Kryptonite Bar, 308 W. State St., will host a “Rock ’n’ Roll Charity Show” to benefit cancer research for kids. The event begins at 8 p.m., with bands Guide Our Ships and The Gallows taking the stage around 10 p.m.
A $5 cover will go to the SwedishAmerican Foundation to help with cancer research for children.
Also featured at the event will be the Screw City Beardsmen, Ben Crowley and the crew from Carlyle Brewing Co.
Those in attendance will have a chance to win various raffles.
Participating organizations include the Dairyhäus, Kryptonite Bar, East State Barber Stylist, SwedishAmerican Foundation,Carlyle Brewing Company, Sacred Art Tattoo, Various Beardsmen and The Screw City Beardsmen.
Visit kryptonitebar.com or call (815) 965-0931 for more details.
Posted March 26, 2014