- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
‘Rock ’n’ Roll Charity Show’ March 29 at Kryptonite benefits cancer research for kids
Online Staff Report
Saturday, March 29, Rockford’s Kryptonite Bar, 308 W. State St., will host a “Rock ’n’ Roll Charity Show” to benefit cancer research for kids. The event begins at 8 p.m., with bands Guide Our Ships and The Gallows taking the stage around 10 p.m.
A $5 cover will go to the SwedishAmerican Foundation to help with cancer research for children.
Also featured at the event will be the Screw City Beardsmen, Ben Crowley and the crew from Carlyle Brewing Co.
Those in attendance will have a chance to win various raffles.
Participating organizations include the Dairyhäus, Kryptonite Bar, East State Barber Stylist, SwedishAmerican Foundation,Carlyle Brewing Company, Sacred Art Tattoo, Various Beardsmen and The Screw City Beardsmen.
Visit kryptonitebar.com or call (815) 965-0931 for more details.
Posted March 26, 2014