- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Rockford Rage Roller Derby presents ‘March Madness Mixer’ March 29
Online Staff Report
LOVES PARK, Ill. — Rockford Rage Women’s Roller Derby will present a “March Madness Mixer” beginning at 6 p.m., Saturday, March 29, at the Indoor Sports Center, 8800 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park, Ill.
The derby includes a match between The School of Hard Blocks vs. Varsity Bruise.
Tickets to the event are $10 adult, $5 kids younger than 13 and free for kids younger than 5. Group rates for 10 or more are $8 each. Advance sales are at brownpapertickets.com or from a roller derby girl.
Sponsored charity for the event is the Cystic Fybrosis Foundation. A bout party will be held after the match in the upstairs Sky Box area. Fans will have the chance to meet the skaters, and get autographs and pictures.
Rockford Rage Women’s Roller Derby is Rockford’s first, and only, all-female flat-track roller derby league. The organization was formed in the summer of 2006 as a not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting positive female interaction and athleticism and helping the community through charitable contributions, fund-raisers and benefits. The league is run by the skaters, referees and other support staff, all who are volunteers within the organization.
Learn more at rockfordrage.com.
Posted March 26, 2014