- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Rockford Rage Roller Derby presents ‘March Madness Mixer’ March 29
Online Staff Report
LOVES PARK, Ill. — Rockford Rage Women’s Roller Derby will present a “March Madness Mixer” beginning at 6 p.m., Saturday, March 29, at the Indoor Sports Center, 8800 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park, Ill.
The derby includes a match between The School of Hard Blocks vs. Varsity Bruise.
Tickets to the event are $10 adult, $5 kids younger than 13 and free for kids younger than 5. Group rates for 10 or more are $8 each. Advance sales are at brownpapertickets.com or from a roller derby girl.
Sponsored charity for the event is the Cystic Fybrosis Foundation. A bout party will be held after the match in the upstairs Sky Box area. Fans will have the chance to meet the skaters, and get autographs and pictures.
Rockford Rage Women’s Roller Derby is Rockford’s first, and only, all-female flat-track roller derby league. The organization was formed in the summer of 2006 as a not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting positive female interaction and athleticism and helping the community through charitable contributions, fund-raisers and benefits. The league is run by the skaters, referees and other support staff, all who are volunteers within the organization.
Learn more at rockfordrage.com.
Posted March 26, 2014