- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
Salvation Army clothing drive at Schnucks
The Salvation Army will have a spring clothing drive from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, March 29.
Clothing donations will be accepted at the following Schnucks locations: 3134 11th St., Rockford; 2514 S. Alpine Road, Rockford; 2206 Barnes Blvd., Cherry Valley, Ill.; 6410 E. State St., Rockford; 1810 Harlem, Loves Park, Ill.; 2601 N. Mulford Road, Rockford; 2642 Charles St., Rockford; 3150 N. Rockton Ave., Rockford; 1715 Rural St., Rockford; and 4860 Hononegah Road, Roscoe, Ill.
Clothing should be in plastic bags. Salvation Army personnel and volunteers will be on hand to issue donation receipts.
Salvation Army Family stores also accept donations of used furniture. Call 1-800-SA-TRUCK to arrange a pickup of furniture.
From the March 26-April 1, 2014, issue