- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Sock Drive on Sock Monkey Night March 28 as IceHogs host Grand Rapids
By Jim Hagerty
The first 2,500 fans into the BMO Harris Bank Center Friday, March 28, as the Rockford IceHogs host the Grand Rapids Griffins will receive a free sock monkey.
The promotion is part of Sock Drive on Sock Monkey Night, a partnership between BMO Harris Bank and the IceHogs along with Beefaroo and United Way of Rock River Valley.
New pairs of socks will be collected at the arena during the game and donated to homeless children of Rockford through Project Undershare. Those who donate a pair of new children’s socks will receive a buy-one-get-one-free voucher for free admission to select IceHogs games throughout the remaining season.
Those who make donations will receive a voucher for one free item from the Beefaroo B-Fit menu while Hubert the Harris Lion will greet and thank fans.
Each Sock Monkey will be dressed in IceHogs jerseys and skates.
“Our partnership with the IceHogs, and now Beefaroo, is part of a collective effort to make a meaningful difference in the lives of Rockford’s youth by providing essential items that will improve their quality of life,” said Andrea Ward, market president, BMO Harris Bank. “We hope the donation and support from our bank and the Rockford community will bring happiness to many young people in need, heighten a continuing effort to raise awareness of this issue, and serve as a significant part of our city’s rich history.”
BMO Harris Bank will match all sock donations made by the Rockford community, the birthplace of the Sock Monkey in the early 1900s.
Project Undershare kicked off Friday, March 21. Donations are accepted at the BMO Harris Bank Center Box Office, IceHogs games and at local BMO Harris Bank branches.
Friday’s game starts at 7 p.m.
Posted March 27, 2014