- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
Sock Drive on Sock Monkey Night March 28 as IceHogs host Grand Rapids
By Jim Hagerty
The first 2,500 fans into the BMO Harris Bank Center Friday, March 28, as the Rockford IceHogs host the Grand Rapids Griffins will receive a free sock monkey.
The promotion is part of Sock Drive on Sock Monkey Night, a partnership between BMO Harris Bank and the IceHogs along with Beefaroo and United Way of Rock River Valley.
New pairs of socks will be collected at the arena during the game and donated to homeless children of Rockford through Project Undershare. Those who donate a pair of new children’s socks will receive a buy-one-get-one-free voucher for free admission to select IceHogs games throughout the remaining season.
Those who make donations will receive a voucher for one free item from the Beefaroo B-Fit menu while Hubert the Harris Lion will greet and thank fans.
Each Sock Monkey will be dressed in IceHogs jerseys and skates.
“Our partnership with the IceHogs, and now Beefaroo, is part of a collective effort to make a meaningful difference in the lives of Rockford’s youth by providing essential items that will improve their quality of life,” said Andrea Ward, market president, BMO Harris Bank. “We hope the donation and support from our bank and the Rockford community will bring happiness to many young people in need, heighten a continuing effort to raise awareness of this issue, and serve as a significant part of our city’s rich history.”
BMO Harris Bank will match all sock donations made by the Rockford community, the birthplace of the Sock Monkey in the early 1900s.
Project Undershare kicked off Friday, March 21. Donations are accepted at the BMO Harris Bank Center Box Office, IceHogs games and at local BMO Harris Bank branches.
Friday’s game starts at 7 p.m.
Posted March 27, 2014