- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Area McDonald’s to offer free small McCafé coffee March 31-April 13
Online Staff Report
McCafé invites coffee drinkers in the Rockford area and across the U.S. to wake up and taste the free coffee. Beginning March 31, customers are encouraged to stop by their local participating McDonald’s restaurant for a freshly brewed small McCafé coffee during McDonald’s first-ever national Free Coffee Event. Free McCafé coffee is available during breakfast hours starting March 31 through April 13 in participating restaurants.
“We’re excited to share our coffee with our Rockford customers,” said Guy Bucciferro III, McDonald’s Rockford co-op president. “This is a great opportunity for them to try McCafé coffee and gives them another reason to come to us in the morning.”
To kick off the two-week campaign, the local McDonald’s will host a “My McCafé Morning” Twitter contest. Customers can tweet a picture of their free McCafé coffee to @McD_Rockford with the hashtag #MyMcCafeMorning for the chance to win a year’s supply of McCafé coffee. There will also be one participant randomly selected each day at 4 p.m. as the winner of the day, and will receive a free McCafé after the Free Coffee Event.
Starting in mid-April, McCafé will also surprise a Twitter follower every day this year with McCafé coffee and prizes. Fans can also keep up with the conversations using the hash tag #McCafe or by following McDonald’s launched its McCafé line-up in the U.S. in 2009. The collection included McCafé’s signature blend coffee and quickly expanded to include iced coffees, espresso-based drinks, such as lattes and mochas, blended-ice beverages including smoothies and frappes, triple thick shakes as well as limited-time seasonal offerings.
Posted March 28, 2014