- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Elliot, Aldeen golf courses open March 30
Online Staff Report
The Rockford Park District has spent the winter months enhancing golf operations and facilities to better meet the changing needs of the community. In December, the Rockford Park District announced an exciting, multi-year initiative to grow the game of golf, eliminating separate management of Golf Services (Ingersoll, Elliot, Sandy Hollow and Sinnissippi golf courses) and the management of Aldeen Golf Club, by creating a new Golf Operations team along with a new brand, “Golf Rockford!”
“This season, golfers will experience many new and exciting changes at all of our courses, and it all begins this Sunday with the opening of Elliot Golf Course and Aldeen Golf Club Practice Centre,” said Duncan Geddes, director of Golf Operations.
Elliot Golf Course, 888 S. Lyford Road, Cherry Valley, Ill., will open for the season starting Sunday, March 30. The course will be open Sunday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., and will remain open daily (if weather permits) weekdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., and weekends from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Golf cart usage may be restricted early in the season, based on weather conditions. New head LPGA professional Jordan Zellman and her staff will be on site to welcome back golfers. Contact the Elliot Golf Shop at (815) 332-5130 to make a tee time, or visit www.golfrockford.org.
Aldeen Golf Club Practice Centre, 1902 Reid Farm Road, Rockford, will also open for the season starting Sunday, March 30, at 8 a.m. April hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.; the Practice Centre opens at noon on Mondays.
A confirmed opening date has not been set for any additional Rockford Park District golf courses at this time.
The Rockford Park District operates five golf courses — three 18-hole courses: Elliot, Ingersoll and Sandy Hollow, and Aldeen Golf Club, a quality championship public golf course with country club amenities, along with one nine-hole course, Sinnissippi.
Posted March 28, 2014