- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
Yard waste collection begins Monday, April 7
Online Staff Report
Yard waste collection that ceases seasonally over the winter months will resume Monday, April 7, and continue until late in the fall.
Be advised that yard waste will only be collected when placed in compostable paper bags or in garbage cans clearly marked with a large “X” visible from the street.
Branches and limbs less than 4 inches in diameter bundled with string or twine may be placed for collection as long as they don’t exceed 4 feet in length, 3 feet in diameter and 50 pounds by weight.
Posted March 28, 2014