- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
April 15 deadline for minority nursing scholarships
Online Staff Report
Rockford Health System President and CEO Gary E. Kaatz has challenged the health system and the Rockford Memorial Hospital Auxiliary to hand out more minority nursing scholarships. Rockford Health System, in conjunction with the Auxiliary, will double the number of scholarships, handing out 12 in 2014.
The scholarships will go to African-American and Spanish-speaking Hispanic students enrolled in a nursing program. Each winner will receive $2,000 toward their 2014-2015 educational expenses.
For more information, or to download an application, visit www.rockfordhealthsystem.org and click on “careers,” or contact Rozene Smith in Human Resources at (815) 971-2660. Applications are due by April 15, 2014.
Rockford Health System worked with the hospital auxiliary to create the scholarship program in 2008 to encourage minority nursing students in their education. Since that time, the program has given nearly $70,000 to African-American and Hispanic nursing students.
Posted April 2, 2014