- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
April 15 deadline for minority nursing scholarships
Online Staff Report
Rockford Health System President and CEO Gary E. Kaatz has challenged the health system and the Rockford Memorial Hospital Auxiliary to hand out more minority nursing scholarships. Rockford Health System, in conjunction with the Auxiliary, will double the number of scholarships, handing out 12 in 2014.
The scholarships will go to African-American and Spanish-speaking Hispanic students enrolled in a nursing program. Each winner will receive $2,000 toward their 2014-2015 educational expenses.
For more information, or to download an application, visit www.rockfordhealthsystem.org and click on “careers,” or contact Rozene Smith in Human Resources at (815) 971-2660. Applications are due by April 15, 2014.
Rockford Health System worked with the hospital auxiliary to create the scholarship program in 2008 to encourage minority nursing students in their education. Since that time, the program has given nearly $70,000 to African-American and Hispanic nursing students.
Posted April 2, 2014