- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
April 15 deadline for minority nursing scholarships
Online Staff Report
Rockford Health System President and CEO Gary E. Kaatz has challenged the health system and the Rockford Memorial Hospital Auxiliary to hand out more minority nursing scholarships. Rockford Health System, in conjunction with the Auxiliary, will double the number of scholarships, handing out 12 in 2014.
The scholarships will go to African-American and Spanish-speaking Hispanic students enrolled in a nursing program. Each winner will receive $2,000 toward their 2014-2015 educational expenses.
For more information, or to download an application, visit www.rockfordhealthsystem.org and click on “careers,” or contact Rozene Smith in Human Resources at (815) 971-2660. Applications are due by April 15, 2014.
Rockford Health System worked with the hospital auxiliary to create the scholarship program in 2008 to encourage minority nursing students in their education. Since that time, the program has given nearly $70,000 to African-American and Hispanic nursing students.
Posted April 2, 2014