- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
April 15 deadline for minority nursing scholarships
Online Staff Report
Rockford Health System President and CEO Gary E. Kaatz has challenged the health system and the Rockford Memorial Hospital Auxiliary to hand out more minority nursing scholarships. Rockford Health System, in conjunction with the Auxiliary, will double the number of scholarships, handing out 12 in 2014.
The scholarships will go to African-American and Spanish-speaking Hispanic students enrolled in a nursing program. Each winner will receive $2,000 toward their 2014-2015 educational expenses.
For more information, or to download an application, visit www.rockfordhealthsystem.org and click on “careers,” or contact Rozene Smith in Human Resources at (815) 971-2660. Applications are due by April 15, 2014.
Rockford Health System worked with the hospital auxiliary to create the scholarship program in 2008 to encourage minority nursing students in their education. Since that time, the program has given nearly $70,000 to African-American and Hispanic nursing students.
Posted April 2, 2014