- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
MembersAlliance offers free Community Shred Day April 5
Online Staff Report
As part of northern Illinois’ seventh annual Money Smart Week, MembersAlliance Credit Union will offer a free Community Shred Day from 9 a.m. to noon, Saturday, April 5, in their parking lot at 2550 S. Alpine Road (corner of Alpine and Harrison) in Rockford.
Anyone is welcome to take advantage of this free service to dispose of personal papers and unwanted documents in a safe, secure way.
Paper Recovery Service Corporation of Loves Park, Ill., will provide the on-site shredding at the credit union’s drive-up parking lot area April 5. A maximum limit of two boxes per car is requested so everyone can be helped.
Enter off South Alpine Road into the shopping center and drive south to the credit union’s drive-up area. The Community Shred Day is one way the credit union can help members in the community prevent identity theft.
This event is one of more than 160 free classes, seminars and activities promoting financial literacy that will take place during Northern Illinois Money Smart Week April 5-12. Coordinated by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago and more than 100 local Money Smart partners, Money Smart Week is designed to educate consumers about money management and create awareness through free financial education programs about a range of topics for people from all ages and walks of life.
MembersAlliance Credit Union is this area’s largest locally-owned credit union serving Winnebago, Boone and Ogle counties. They offer five locations, including three inside Walmart stores in Rockford and Rockton.
For information, call MembersAlliance Credit Union at (815) 226-2260 or 800-426-2260, online at www.membersalliance.org, or visit the credit union on Facebook and Twitter.
Posted April 2, 2014