- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
MembersAlliance offers free Community Shred Day April 5
Online Staff Report
As part of northern Illinois’ seventh annual Money Smart Week, MembersAlliance Credit Union will offer a free Community Shred Day from 9 a.m. to noon, Saturday, April 5, in their parking lot at 2550 S. Alpine Road (corner of Alpine and Harrison) in Rockford.
Anyone is welcome to take advantage of this free service to dispose of personal papers and unwanted documents in a safe, secure way.
Paper Recovery Service Corporation of Loves Park, Ill., will provide the on-site shredding at the credit union’s drive-up parking lot area April 5. A maximum limit of two boxes per car is requested so everyone can be helped.
Enter off South Alpine Road into the shopping center and drive south to the credit union’s drive-up area. The Community Shred Day is one way the credit union can help members in the community prevent identity theft.
This event is one of more than 160 free classes, seminars and activities promoting financial literacy that will take place during Northern Illinois Money Smart Week April 5-12. Coordinated by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago and more than 100 local Money Smart partners, Money Smart Week is designed to educate consumers about money management and create awareness through free financial education programs about a range of topics for people from all ages and walks of life.
MembersAlliance Credit Union is this area’s largest locally-owned credit union serving Winnebago, Boone and Ogle counties. They offer five locations, including three inside Walmart stores in Rockford and Rockton.
For information, call MembersAlliance Credit Union at (815) 226-2260 or 800-426-2260, online at www.membersalliance.org, or visit the credit union on Facebook and Twitter.
Posted April 2, 2014