- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Parks Kiwanis Club’s Annual Pork Chop Sandwich Day April 5 in Loves Park
Online Staff Report
LOVES PARK, Ill. — The Parks Kiwanis Club’s Second Annual Pork Chop Sandwich Day will be from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, April 5, with drive-through service at the VFW parking lot, 2018 Windsor Road, Loves Park, Ill.
Ticket price is $5 in advance or $5.50 day of the event and includes 640 Meats Pork Chop sandwich, Ole Salty’s Chips and bottled water. Tickets can be purchased at 640 Meats, 6410 E. Riverside Blvd.;Ole Salty’s, 1920 E. Riverside Blvd.; Image Signs, 7323 N. Alpine Road; and at the VFW (11 a.m.-1 p.m., Monday-Friday) at 2018 Windsor Road in Loves Park.
All profit from Parks Kiwanis Pork Chop Sandwich Day is given directly to local non-profits. In 2013, the Parks Kiwanis Club’s first year, the club was able to donate funds to the “Shop With A Cop Program,” GiGi’s Playhouse and Walter Lawson’s Children’s Home.
Contact Verla Sterett, public relations chairman, at (815) 243-6909 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Posted April 2, 2014