- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Parks Kiwanis Club’s Annual Pork Chop Sandwich Day April 5 in Loves Park
Online Staff Report
LOVES PARK, Ill. — The Parks Kiwanis Club’s Second Annual Pork Chop Sandwich Day will be from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, April 5, with drive-through service at the VFW parking lot, 2018 Windsor Road, Loves Park, Ill.
Ticket price is $5 in advance or $5.50 day of the event and includes 640 Meats Pork Chop sandwich, Ole Salty’s Chips and bottled water. Tickets can be purchased at 640 Meats, 6410 E. Riverside Blvd.;Ole Salty’s, 1920 E. Riverside Blvd.; Image Signs, 7323 N. Alpine Road; and at the VFW (11 a.m.-1 p.m., Monday-Friday) at 2018 Windsor Road in Loves Park.
All profit from Parks Kiwanis Pork Chop Sandwich Day is given directly to local non-profits. In 2013, the Parks Kiwanis Club’s first year, the club was able to donate funds to the “Shop With A Cop Program,” GiGi’s Playhouse and Walter Lawson’s Children’s Home.
Contact Verla Sterett, public relations chairman, at (815) 243-6909 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Posted April 2, 2014