- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
Parks Kiwanis Club’s Annual Pork Chop Sandwich Day April 5 in Loves Park
Online Staff Report
LOVES PARK, Ill. — The Parks Kiwanis Club’s Second Annual Pork Chop Sandwich Day will be from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, April 5, with drive-through service at the VFW parking lot, 2018 Windsor Road, Loves Park, Ill.
Ticket price is $5 in advance or $5.50 day of the event and includes 640 Meats Pork Chop sandwich, Ole Salty’s Chips and bottled water. Tickets can be purchased at 640 Meats, 6410 E. Riverside Blvd.;Ole Salty’s, 1920 E. Riverside Blvd.; Image Signs, 7323 N. Alpine Road; and at the VFW (11 a.m.-1 p.m., Monday-Friday) at 2018 Windsor Road in Loves Park.
All profit from Parks Kiwanis Pork Chop Sandwich Day is given directly to local non-profits. In 2013, the Parks Kiwanis Club’s first year, the club was able to donate funds to the “Shop With A Cop Program,” GiGi’s Playhouse and Walter Lawson’s Children’s Home.
Contact Verla Sterett, public relations chairman, at (815) 243-6909 or at email@example.com for more details.
Posted April 2, 2014