- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Participants, volunteers sought for Hustle for Hearing 5k run/walk April 5
Online Staff Report
DEKALB, Ill. — Saturday, April 5, the Student Academy of Audiology (SAA) will hold its fourth annual Hustle for Hearing 5k run/walk. The event will benefit RAMP’s Deaf and Heard-of-Hearing services.
The run/walk will be on a nature trail at Hopkins Park, 1403 Sycamore Road, in DeKalb, Ill. A water station will be at 1.5 miles and at the finish line.
Registration opens at 8 a.m., where each participant will receive a T-shirt on race day. Runners will begin at 9 a.m. and walkers will begin at 9:15 a.m. There will be first- and second-place prizes for both genders.
For those not interested in running or walking, volunteers are also needed for the event. Those interested in volunteering may contact Heather Foulker at (815) 756-3202.
Cost is $25 to register for the run/walk. Register online at http://www.active.com/running/dekalb-il/hustle-for-hearing-2014.
Posted April 2, 2014