- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
RAMI Youth Charity Jam set for April 5 at Tebala Shrine Center
The 2014 RAMI (Rockford Area Music Industry) Youth Charity Jam will be Saturday, April 5, at Tebala Shrine Center, 7910 Newburg Road.
Sponsors for this event are RAMI, Kim and Ruth MacCloskey, Beetcafe.com, Rockford Area Arts Council, Barker Recording Studio, Guzzardo Performance Music, The Rock River Times, Community Foundation of Northern Illinois and Tebala Shrine Center.
Doors will open at 5 p.m., with the first performance taking the stage at 6 p.m. Advance tickets are $5 per person, $7 at the door. Children younger than 12 are admitted free. Tickets can be purchased from participating performers, Postal Shoppe at Edgebrook or online at ramiawards.com.
Performances will be by Ashley Bjork, Audio Rewind, Duality, Justin “Boots” Gates, Momentary Affliction, Audio Abduction and Samantha Hayworth & Joseph Cannell.
First-place winner will receive $300, 10 hours of recording time, and will be invited to perform at the 23rd RAMI Awards Ceremony Friday, April 11. Second-place winner will receive $250 and third place $200. The performers selling the most tickets to the event will receive $100.
Proceeds from this event with be applied to the Kim & Ruth MacCloskey/RAMI Scholarship Fund, administered by the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois. For more information, call (815) 546-3021.
From the April 2-8, 2014