- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
‘The Art of Recovery’ to be featured at Stepping Stones April 8-12
Online Staff Report
NAMI Northern Illinois is sponsoring an art show called “The Art of Recovery” at Stepping Stones of Rockford, Inc., 706 N. Main St., Rockford.
Works of artists who are receiving mental health services will be featured in the show. There will be a special section in the gallery for children’s art.
This event is in collaboration with Rosecrance, Stepping Stones, Shelter Care Ministries, SwedishAmerican Hospital and Rockford Memorial Hospital.
The show will demonstrate how art impacts recovery from mental illness, helps reduce some of the stigma surrounding mental illness, provides a venue for collaboration for agencies working in mental health and gives the community an opportunity to share in this process.
Participating in Rockford Area Arts Council Spring ArtsScene, a premier showing will take place Friday, April 11, including an evening reception from 5 to 9 p.m. The show will be from 4 to 9 p.m., Saturday, April 12.
A “soft opening” will be from 6 to 8:30 p.m., April 8, for the NAMI April program meeting.
Contact Mary Lee at (815) 721-2247 for more details.
Posted April 2, 2014