- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
‘The Art of Recovery’ to be featured at Stepping Stones April 8-12
Online Staff Report
NAMI Northern Illinois is sponsoring an art show called “The Art of Recovery” at Stepping Stones of Rockford, Inc., 706 N. Main St., Rockford.
Works of artists who are receiving mental health services will be featured in the show. There will be a special section in the gallery for children’s art.
This event is in collaboration with Rosecrance, Stepping Stones, Shelter Care Ministries, SwedishAmerican Hospital and Rockford Memorial Hospital.
The show will demonstrate how art impacts recovery from mental illness, helps reduce some of the stigma surrounding mental illness, provides a venue for collaboration for agencies working in mental health and gives the community an opportunity to share in this process.
Participating in Rockford Area Arts Council Spring ArtsScene, a premier showing will take place Friday, April 11, including an evening reception from 5 to 9 p.m. The show will be from 4 to 9 p.m., Saturday, April 12.
A “soft opening” will be from 6 to 8:30 p.m., April 8, for the NAMI April program meeting.
Contact Mary Lee at (815) 721-2247 for more details.
Posted April 2, 2014