- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
To the Editor: Fight for your rights!
The citizens of Kewanee shouldn’t take the (pending) spraying of cow manure upon their beautiful city lightly.
Why? Because this (cr–) isn’t safe for anyone, and this reminds me of a religious song! “Rally around the banner (your protests). Ready, steady. Let your voices be heard. Pass the word along.”
So, what one person can’t do, the voices of the many will loudly be heard. And pester the heck out of those factory farmers by stating your objections via nonstop calling those air polluters. Call Pat Quinn (your state governor), start a lawsuit with many signers, your health department, the radio stations and the television media.
And tell the factory farmers to “take it down the road and dump it.” And then lump it! Put it in their own back yards! Also, say, “I’m mad as hell and I won’t take your (sh–) any more.’
Philip J. Wilson
From the April 2-8, 2014