- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
To the Editor: Fight for your rights!
The citizens of Kewanee shouldn’t take the (pending) spraying of cow manure upon their beautiful city lightly.
Why? Because this (cr–) isn’t safe for anyone, and this reminds me of a religious song! “Rally around the banner (your protests). Ready, steady. Let your voices be heard. Pass the word along.”
So, what one person can’t do, the voices of the many will loudly be heard. And pester the heck out of those factory farmers by stating your objections via nonstop calling those air polluters. Call Pat Quinn (your state governor), start a lawsuit with many signers, your health department, the radio stations and the television media.
And tell the factory farmers to “take it down the road and dump it.” And then lump it! Put it in their own back yards! Also, say, “I’m mad as hell and I won’t take your (sh–) any more.’
Philip J. Wilson
From the April 2-8, 2014