- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
To the Editor: Fight for your rights!
The citizens of Kewanee shouldn’t take the (pending) spraying of cow manure upon their beautiful city lightly.
Why? Because this (cr–) isn’t safe for anyone, and this reminds me of a religious song! “Rally around the banner (your protests). Ready, steady. Let your voices be heard. Pass the word along.”
So, what one person can’t do, the voices of the many will loudly be heard. And pester the heck out of those factory farmers by stating your objections via nonstop calling those air polluters. Call Pat Quinn (your state governor), start a lawsuit with many signers, your health department, the radio stations and the television media.
And tell the factory farmers to “take it down the road and dump it.” And then lump it! Put it in their own back yards! Also, say, “I’m mad as hell and I won’t take your (sh–) any more.’
Philip J. Wilson
From the April 2-8, 2014