- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
To the Editor: Fight for your rights!
The citizens of Kewanee shouldn’t take the (pending) spraying of cow manure upon their beautiful city lightly.
Why? Because this (cr–) isn’t safe for anyone, and this reminds me of a religious song! “Rally around the banner (your protests). Ready, steady. Let your voices be heard. Pass the word along.”
So, what one person can’t do, the voices of the many will loudly be heard. And pester the heck out of those factory farmers by stating your objections via nonstop calling those air polluters. Call Pat Quinn (your state governor), start a lawsuit with many signers, your health department, the radio stations and the television media.
And tell the factory farmers to “take it down the road and dump it.” And then lump it! Put it in their own back yards! Also, say, “I’m mad as hell and I won’t take your (sh–) any more.’
Philip J. Wilson
From the April 2-8, 2014