- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
To the Editor: Lou Bachrodt celebrates a family business
When my grandfather began Lou Bachrodt 60 years ago, the year was 1953. Cars looked pretty different from how they look today.
Remember the Chevy Bel Air, Buick Electra, Volkswagen Beetle convertible and classic GMC pick-up? Many of our “old” favorites have improved over the years; others have been replaced with even better models.
Three generations later, what hasn’t changed is my family’s commitment to our customers and our love for the Rockford community.
It’s hard to believe 60 years have passed since my grandfather first opened our dealership doors; now, we have two locations offering more makes and models than any other dealer in the region, and we continue to expand and improve by moving our GMC and Buick lines from our State Street location to Lou Bachrodt Auto Mall near CherryVale so we can better serve our customers.
We’ve survived and thrived over the years, feeling blessed. I’m fortunate to work with my father, Pat, and a great team of more than 140 employees.
Three generations, 60 years. Thank you, Rockford. Thank you, loyal customers.
Lou Bachrodt Auto Group
From the April 2-8, 2014 issue