- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
To the Editor: Lou Bachrodt celebrates a family business
When my grandfather began Lou Bachrodt 60 years ago, the year was 1953. Cars looked pretty different from how they look today.
Remember the Chevy Bel Air, Buick Electra, Volkswagen Beetle convertible and classic GMC pick-up? Many of our “old” favorites have improved over the years; others have been replaced with even better models.
Three generations later, what hasn’t changed is my family’s commitment to our customers and our love for the Rockford community.
It’s hard to believe 60 years have passed since my grandfather first opened our dealership doors; now, we have two locations offering more makes and models than any other dealer in the region, and we continue to expand and improve by moving our GMC and Buick lines from our State Street location to Lou Bachrodt Auto Mall near CherryVale so we can better serve our customers.
We’ve survived and thrived over the years, feeling blessed. I’m fortunate to work with my father, Pat, and a great team of more than 140 employees.
Three generations, 60 years. Thank you, Rockford. Thank you, loyal customers.
Lou Bachrodt Auto Group
From the April 2-8, 2014 issue