- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
- Freshmen in Rockford schools beat state average in ‘on track’ to graduate
- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
To the Editor: Politicians keep pushing amnesty for illegals
And the whoppers just keep rolling off the lips of Barack Obama. In a March 13 meeting with Latino lawmakers who are seeking amnesty for illegals, the White House said Obama told the Democratic lawmakers that he’s “deeply concerned about the pain that families suffer when they are separated due to a broken immigration system.”
In these circumstances, our immigration system is not “broken,” and anyone who says otherwise is dealing in falsehoods. In accordance with the law, illegal immigrants are caught and deported. That’s not “broken,” that’s EXACTLY what’s supposed to happen. The fact is that these 11 million illegals broke our laws; now, they apparently expect to get rewarded for their lawless behavior.
Politicians, especially Obama and U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., are trying to lay the blame on America and cower any American who opposes amnesty. Sorry, but I don’t accept a shred of guilt. This “broken-family” problem is solely the responsibility of the illegal immigrants themselves.
The pain these families suffer is no different from the pain the family of any other criminal suffers when their loved one is sent to prison for crimes committed. The suggestion that the law is somehow at fault is complete nonsense.
If illegal immigrants want to assure their families remain intact, they should try obeying our laws and return to their country.
Rewarding illegal immigrants will only encourage millions more to scoff at our laws.
From the April 2-8, 2014 issue