- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
To the Editor: Thank you, voters!
Thank you, voters!
I just wanted to take the time to give a heartfelt thank you to all of the people who voted for me and supported me in my run for public office. I came up a little short for Winnebago County Board, but there were a lot of positives that came out of this campaign. I won my first election, and I am now Rockford Ward 1, Precinct 3 Committeeman. I also won four precincts. An extra heartfelt thank you to the voters in Ward 1 — Precinct 3, Ward 1 — Precinct 4, Ward 1 — Precinct 7 and Ward 14 — Precinct 4 for putting me over the top and winning your precincts. Like I have said before, my aspiration to serve the public is not a sprint but a marathon and a work in progress. I am far from giving up. I look forward to your continued support. Thank you all, and I hope you have a great summer — we certainly have earned it.