- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
To the Editor: Thank you, voters!
Thank you, voters!
I just wanted to take the time to give a heartfelt thank you to all of the people who voted for me and supported me in my run for public office. I came up a little short for Winnebago County Board, but there were a lot of positives that came out of this campaign. I won my first election, and I am now Rockford Ward 1, Precinct 3 Committeeman. I also won four precincts. An extra heartfelt thank you to the voters in Ward 1 — Precinct 3, Ward 1 — Precinct 4, Ward 1 — Precinct 7 and Ward 14 — Precinct 4 for putting me over the top and winning your precincts. Like I have said before, my aspiration to serve the public is not a sprint but a marathon and a work in progress. I am far from giving up. I look forward to your continued support. Thank you all, and I hope you have a great summer — we certainly have earned it.