- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
To the Editor: What’s the punishment for the E-Rabs?
Editor’s note: The following is in response to Doug Halberstadt’s column “School district should take zero tolerance policy on athletes fighting” from the March 12-18, 2014, issue.
As an E-Rab, I was disgusted and sad at what happened at the end of the game with Jefferson. I feel the Jefferson players and coach were given a punishment that was way out of line. As reported, it was started by an E-Rab who punched a J-Hawk. While it is true he got hit back, the J-Hawks did not deserve what they got. Now, I am waiting to hear what the E-Rabs will get. Realizing they lost the game, I feel they should be given a strong punishment to be used in the next year.
Thanks for the article you wrote in The Rock River Times. I also have to add that I miss WNTA and feel we lost a family. Keep up your good work.
From the April 2-8, 2014 issue