- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
To the Editor: What’s the punishment for the E-Rabs?
Editor’s note: The following is in response to Doug Halberstadt’s column “School district should take zero tolerance policy on athletes fighting” from the March 12-18, 2014, issue.
As an E-Rab, I was disgusted and sad at what happened at the end of the game with Jefferson. I feel the Jefferson players and coach were given a punishment that was way out of line. As reported, it was started by an E-Rab who punched a J-Hawk. While it is true he got hit back, the J-Hawks did not deserve what they got. Now, I am waiting to hear what the E-Rabs will get. Realizing they lost the game, I feel they should be given a strong punishment to be used in the next year.
Thanks for the article you wrote in The Rock River Times. I also have to add that I miss WNTA and feel we lost a family. Keep up your good work.
From the April 2-8, 2014 issue