- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
To the Editor: What’s the punishment for the E-Rabs?
Editor’s note: The following is in response to Doug Halberstadt’s column “School district should take zero tolerance policy on athletes fighting” from the March 12-18, 2014, issue.
As an E-Rab, I was disgusted and sad at what happened at the end of the game with Jefferson. I feel the Jefferson players and coach were given a punishment that was way out of line. As reported, it was started by an E-Rab who punched a J-Hawk. While it is true he got hit back, the J-Hawks did not deserve what they got. Now, I am waiting to hear what the E-Rabs will get. Realizing they lost the game, I feel they should be given a strong punishment to be used in the next year.
Thanks for the article you wrote in The Rock River Times. I also have to add that I miss WNTA and feel we lost a family. Keep up your good work.
From the April 2-8, 2014 issue