- IceHogs drop Wolves 4-3 at home
- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
To the Editor: What’s the punishment for the E-Rabs?
Editor’s note: The following is in response to Doug Halberstadt’s column “School district should take zero tolerance policy on athletes fighting” from the March 12-18, 2014, issue.
As an E-Rab, I was disgusted and sad at what happened at the end of the game with Jefferson. I feel the Jefferson players and coach were given a punishment that was way out of line. As reported, it was started by an E-Rab who punched a J-Hawk. While it is true he got hit back, the J-Hawks did not deserve what they got. Now, I am waiting to hear what the E-Rabs will get. Realizing they lost the game, I feel they should be given a strong punishment to be used in the next year.
Thanks for the article you wrote in The Rock River Times. I also have to add that I miss WNTA and feel we lost a family. Keep up your good work.
From the April 2-8, 2014 issue