- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Two arrested on drug charges following traffic stop, search of residence on 21st Street
Online Staff Report
On the afternoon of Thursday April 3, members of the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Police Metro Narcotic Unit and sheriff’s detectives arrested Cresencio Valencia-Alvarez, 36.
Valencia-Alvarez was arrested after a vehicle he was driving was stopped and more than 20 pounds of marijuana was recovered from the vehicle. A search warrant was then executed at his residence (1203 21st St.), and in excess of 150 pounds of marijuana and 332 grams of methamphetamine and a handgun were recovered.
Valencia-Alvarez has been charged with the following:
• Violation of the Cannabis Control Act (possession of more than 5,000 grams with intent to deliver);
• Violation of the Controlled Substance Act (possession of 100-400 grams of methamphetamine with intent to deliver;
• No Firearm Owner’s Identification card; and
• Resisting police.
A person at the residence when the warrant was executed was in possession of a small amount of cocaine. He is Luis Alberto Aguilar-Arreguin, 28.
Aguilar-Arreguin is charged with violation of the Controlled Substance Act (possession of less than 15 grams of cocaine).
Both men are being held in the Winnebago County Jail.
Posted April 4, 2014