- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 19 for 69th presentation of Handel’s ‘Messiah’
- Amenti Haunted House opens Oct. 17 at DeKalb’s Egyptian Theatre
Two arrested on drug charges following traffic stop, search of residence on 21st Street
Online Staff Report
On the afternoon of Thursday April 3, members of the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Police Metro Narcotic Unit and sheriff’s detectives arrested Cresencio Valencia-Alvarez, 36.
Valencia-Alvarez was arrested after a vehicle he was driving was stopped and more than 20 pounds of marijuana was recovered from the vehicle. A search warrant was then executed at his residence (1203 21st St.), and in excess of 150 pounds of marijuana and 332 grams of methamphetamine and a handgun were recovered.
Valencia-Alvarez has been charged with the following:
• Violation of the Cannabis Control Act (possession of more than 5,000 grams with intent to deliver);
• Violation of the Controlled Substance Act (possession of 100-400 grams of methamphetamine with intent to deliver;
• No Firearm Owner’s Identification card; and
• Resisting police.
A person at the residence when the warrant was executed was in possession of a small amount of cocaine. He is Luis Alberto Aguilar-Arreguin, 28.
Aguilar-Arreguin is charged with violation of the Controlled Substance Act (possession of less than 15 grams of cocaine).
Both men are being held in the Winnebago County Jail.
Posted April 4, 2014