- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Man rescued after jumping from East State Street Bridge
Online Staff Report
A rescue team from the Rockford Fire Department used a rope and ladder to pull a man from the Rock River Saturday morning.
Police say rescue personnel received a call at 8:16 a.m, that a man was threatening to jump off the East State Street Bridge, downtown. When officers approached the man, he jumped into the river, police said.
The man was transported to the hospital for evaluation. It is not know if charges will be filed in the case. The man’s name has not been released.