- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Man rescued after jumping from East State Street Bridge
Online Staff Report
A rescue team from the Rockford Fire Department used a rope and ladder to pull a man from the Rock River Saturday morning.
Police say rescue personnel received a call at 8:16 a.m, that a man was threatening to jump off the East State Street Bridge, downtown. When officers approached the man, he jumped into the river, police said.
The man was transported to the hospital for evaluation. It is not know if charges will be filed in the case. The man’s name has not been released.