- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Man rescued after jumping from East State Street Bridge
Online Staff Report
A rescue team from the Rockford Fire Department used a rope and ladder to pull a man from the Rock River Saturday morning.
Police say rescue personnel received a call at 8:16 a.m, that a man was threatening to jump off the East State Street Bridge, downtown. When officers approached the man, he jumped into the river, police said.
The man was transported to the hospital for evaluation. It is not know if charges will be filed in the case. The man’s name has not been released.