- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
- Freshmen in Rockford schools beat state average in ‘on track’ to graduate
- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
Man rescued after jumping from East State Street Bridge
Online Staff Report
A rescue team from the Rockford Fire Department used a rope and ladder to pull a man from the Rock River Saturday morning.
Police say rescue personnel received a call at 8:16 a.m, that a man was threatening to jump off the East State Street Bridge, downtown. When officers approached the man, he jumped into the river, police said.
The man was transported to the hospital for evaluation. It is not know if charges will be filed in the case. The man’s name has not been released.