- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Man rescued after jumping from East State Street Bridge
Online Staff Report
A rescue team from the Rockford Fire Department used a rope and ladder to pull a man from the Rock River Saturday morning.
Police say rescue personnel received a call at 8:16 a.m, that a man was threatening to jump off the East State Street Bridge, downtown. When officers approached the man, he jumped into the river, police said.
The man was transported to the hospital for evaluation. It is not know if charges will be filed in the case. The man’s name has not been released.