- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Rockford man arrested on crack cocaine charges
Online Staff Report
Rockford man was arrested Friday, April 4, for allegedly selling crack cocaine out of a residence on Crosby Street, police announced Saturday, April 5.
Andre S. Tucker, 21, was arrested after members the Rockford Police Department District Two Neighborhood Response Unit executed a search warrant at 1044 Crosby St., Rockford, and seized a substance believed to be crack cocaine, cash and items associated with drug trafficking.
The arrest stems from a week-long investigation of complaints that narcotics were being sold from the residence.
Tucker has been charged with possession with the intent to deliver more than 1 gram of cocaine but less than 15 grams, and possession of drug paraphernalia. He remains jailed pending a Monday, April 7, bond hearing.