- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Karen Brown new VP, COO of OSF Saint Anthony
OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center has announced that Karen Brown has been named vice president, chief operating officer of OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center in Rockford.
Brown has worked at OSF for approximately 16 years, first as director of Human Resources for OSF Saint Anthony in Rockford and OSF Saint Joseph in Belvidere, and more recently as vice president of Human Resources and Operations for OSF Saint Anthony. Her strategic vision has helped OSF Saint Anthony continue to thrive despite the growing number of challenges imposed on health care.
Brown earned her bachelor’s degree in business administration and personnel management from Truman State University (formerly Northeast Missouri State University) in Kirksville, Mo., and her master’s in business administration from Northern Illinois University in DeKalb. She is a fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives and is a senior professional in human resources through the Certification Institute of the Society for Human Resource Management. Brown’s community involvement includes board memberships with the YWCA of Rockford, Northwest Illinois Workforce Alliance, Byron Chamber of Commerce and the Discovery Center. She also works with Rockford Chamber of Commerce, Alignment Rockford and the Go Red for Women Executive Leader Luncheon Committee.
From the April 9-15, 2014 issue