- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Karen Brown new VP, COO of OSF Saint Anthony
OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center has announced that Karen Brown has been named vice president, chief operating officer of OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center in Rockford.
Brown has worked at OSF for approximately 16 years, first as director of Human Resources for OSF Saint Anthony in Rockford and OSF Saint Joseph in Belvidere, and more recently as vice president of Human Resources and Operations for OSF Saint Anthony. Her strategic vision has helped OSF Saint Anthony continue to thrive despite the growing number of challenges imposed on health care.
Brown earned her bachelor’s degree in business administration and personnel management from Truman State University (formerly Northeast Missouri State University) in Kirksville, Mo., and her master’s in business administration from Northern Illinois University in DeKalb. She is a fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives and is a senior professional in human resources through the Certification Institute of the Society for Human Resource Management. Brown’s community involvement includes board memberships with the YWCA of Rockford, Northwest Illinois Workforce Alliance, Byron Chamber of Commerce and the Discovery Center. She also works with Rockford Chamber of Commerce, Alignment Rockford and the Go Red for Women Executive Leader Luncheon Committee.
From the April 9-15, 2014 issue