- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Karen Brown new VP, COO of OSF Saint Anthony
OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center has announced that Karen Brown has been named vice president, chief operating officer of OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center in Rockford.
Brown has worked at OSF for approximately 16 years, first as director of Human Resources for OSF Saint Anthony in Rockford and OSF Saint Joseph in Belvidere, and more recently as vice president of Human Resources and Operations for OSF Saint Anthony. Her strategic vision has helped OSF Saint Anthony continue to thrive despite the growing number of challenges imposed on health care.
Brown earned her bachelor’s degree in business administration and personnel management from Truman State University (formerly Northeast Missouri State University) in Kirksville, Mo., and her master’s in business administration from Northern Illinois University in DeKalb. She is a fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives and is a senior professional in human resources through the Certification Institute of the Society for Human Resource Management. Brown’s community involvement includes board memberships with the YWCA of Rockford, Northwest Illinois Workforce Alliance, Byron Chamber of Commerce and the Discovery Center. She also works with Rockford Chamber of Commerce, Alignment Rockford and the Go Red for Women Executive Leader Luncheon Committee.
From the April 9-15, 2014 issue