- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Obituary: Charles Allen Norman, 51, Bloomington, Ill.
Charles Allen Norman, 51, of Bloomington, Ill., passed away unexpectedly in his home, April 6, 2014. Born Aug. 28, 1962, the son of Webbs and Nancy Norman, he graduated from Rockford West High School and earned his bachelor’s degree in finance from Illinois State University.
An investment broker and Certified Financial Planner for more than 25 years, Charlie provided unparalleled service to his clients in Rockford, Bloomington, and states around the country. For the past 16 years, he served as the branch manager to the A.G. Edwards/Wells Fargo office in Bloomington. Known for his easygoing style, trusted financial advice, and effective leadership of his staff, he helped countless clients determine their financial goals and plans.
Profoundly generous, he provided significant financial to numerous educational and nonprofit institutions. A devoted family member, friend and dog owner, he delighted in life’s simple pleasures: walking his dog, Maggie; watching his beloved Baltimore Orioles; playing a round of golf, croquet or poker with friends and family; stopping by The Pub for a beer; enjoying twice-daily phone chatswith his brother; or grilling a good New York strip.
Survivors include father Webbs and his wife, Mary, of Rockford; sister, Patty, of San Antonio; brother Dan, and Maureen of Rockford; step-brother Aaron, and Jill Dinges; his two nieces, Katy and Ellie, who will miss Uncle Hoser dearly; and partner, Missi McGlome of Bloomington. Predeceased by mother, Nancy, and sister, Kathy. Visitation at 4 to 7 p.m., Friday, April 11, immediately followed by memorial service at Fitzgerald Funeral Home & Crematory, Mulford Chapel, 1860 S. Mulford Road.
Private burial at Greenwood Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Charlie Norman Scholarship Fund at Illinois State University: ISU Foundation, 1101 N. Main St., Campus Box 8000, Normal, IL 61790. Charlie was also recently made a member of the ISU Business Hall of Fame. He would have been inducted next February at their annual banquet. Staff members at ISU, where he left a considerable scholarship endowment, said that he never wished to be recognized publicly for anything. To express condolences online, please visit www.fitzgerald.com.
From the April 9-15, 2014 issue