- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
Rock Valley board appoints Michael Mastroianni as new college president
Online Staff Report
After months of a national search, the Rock Valley College Board of Trustees announced the appointment of Michael Mastroianni as college president Tuesday, April 8.
A lifelong Rockford resident and alumnus of Rock Valley College, Mr. Mastroianni has a broad background in higher education, including serving most recently as interim president. During his sixteen years at RVC, he has led the Management Institute (now known as the Business and Professional Institute), served as Dean of Community Outreach, Associate Vice President of Outreach and Planning, and Vice President of Career and Technical Education and Outreach.
A servant leader, Mr. Mastroianni has held professional roles as a teacher, small business owner, mediator, facilitator, and mentor. His current and past board service in the region includes: Fabricators and Manufacturers Association; Family Counseling Services; YMCA Strong Kids; Manufacturing Advisory Council; Rockford Chamber of Commerce; Rockford Arts Council; Rockford Health Council; Rockford Area Economic Development Council; Workforce Investment Board, and Goodwill. Mr. Mastroianni has demonstrated success within Rock Valley College and in developing and growing community partnerships to identify initiatives for improving economic stability and quality of life.
“Over the last nine months our Board has participated in a presidential search that looked at a number of dynamic individuals who all presented strong ideas on where Rock Valley College should head in the future,” said Michael P. Dunn, Jr., RVC Board Chair. “We believe Mike not only shares those strong ideas, but has the background to immediately build on our current momentum. Throughout his role as Interim President, Mike demonstrated to our Board and our community what he will offer as our next President. It has been a pleasure working with him hand in hand, and I look forward to what we will accomplish in the future.”
Mr. Mastroianni will begin in his official role with the College immediately, with community meetings and a formal installation event to be scheduled.