- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Rock Valley board appoints Michael Mastroianni as new college president
Online Staff Report
After months of a national search, the Rock Valley College Board of Trustees announced the appointment of Michael Mastroianni as college president Tuesday, April 8.
A lifelong Rockford resident and alumnus of Rock Valley College, Mr. Mastroianni has a broad background in higher education, including serving most recently as interim president. During his sixteen years at RVC, he has led the Management Institute (now known as the Business and Professional Institute), served as Dean of Community Outreach, Associate Vice President of Outreach and Planning, and Vice President of Career and Technical Education and Outreach.
A servant leader, Mr. Mastroianni has held professional roles as a teacher, small business owner, mediator, facilitator, and mentor. His current and past board service in the region includes: Fabricators and Manufacturers Association; Family Counseling Services; YMCA Strong Kids; Manufacturing Advisory Council; Rockford Chamber of Commerce; Rockford Arts Council; Rockford Health Council; Rockford Area Economic Development Council; Workforce Investment Board, and Goodwill. Mr. Mastroianni has demonstrated success within Rock Valley College and in developing and growing community partnerships to identify initiatives for improving economic stability and quality of life.
“Over the last nine months our Board has participated in a presidential search that looked at a number of dynamic individuals who all presented strong ideas on where Rock Valley College should head in the future,” said Michael P. Dunn, Jr., RVC Board Chair. “We believe Mike not only shares those strong ideas, but has the background to immediately build on our current momentum. Throughout his role as Interim President, Mike demonstrated to our Board and our community what he will offer as our next President. It has been a pleasure working with him hand in hand, and I look forward to what we will accomplish in the future.”
Mr. Mastroianni will begin in his official role with the College immediately, with community meetings and a formal installation event to be scheduled.