- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Rockton Chamber celebrates 60 years at April 11 awards banquet
Online Staff Report
ROCKTON, Ill. — The Rockton Chamber is “celebrating excellence” during its annual awards banquet April 11. The banquet will be at the American Center, downtown Rockton, Ill., at 5:30 p.m., April 11. Attendees can expect networking, a Red Carpet Photo Shoot station, full bar, a meal prepared by ABC Catering, and a keynote presentation from Jim Zalud.
Zalud is a 30-year teacher of verbal, non-verbal, mnemonic, and body language interpretation skills. He has spoken to police departments, colleges and corporations throughout the Midwest. He is also the body language expert for WIFR-23. He is writing the e-book Autism For 1st Responders and You, 2.
Last year’s Entrepreneur of the Year, RyCOM Creative, reflects back on winning the award in 2013: “The support of the Rockton Chamber and its members has helped RyCOM Creative to grow every year since our start in 2011. In a community like this, to be given this award by my peers is simply awesome. I look forward to seeing who stands out this year, and how they grow over time.”
This year, Rockton is celebrating the 60th anniversary of the Chamber. They have a long history in Rockton, and want to celebrate this milestone in style. The banquet will feature gold accents, and have a celebrity feel to it with the Red Carpet Photo Shoot for every attendee as they arrive.
Tickets for the event can be purchased online at the Chamber’s website, rocktonchamber.com. The Chamber is taking nominations for the awards. To complete the nomination survey, visit nominate.rocktonchamber.com.
Posted April 9, 2014