- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Trooper seizes 3 pounds of cannabis in traffic stop on I-90
Online Staff Report
PECATONICA, Ill. — At approximately 10 p.m., Wednesday, April 9, an Illinois State Police trooper conducted a traffic stop in the westbound lanes of I-90 near South Beloit in Winnebago County.
A black 2013 Toyota passenger car was stopped for speeding. A probable cause search revealed approximately 3 pounds of cannabis in the trunk of the vehicle.
Troopers arrested and charged the driver, Stanley D. Sellers, 37, of Dubuque, Iowa, with possession with intent to deliver 500 to 2,000 grams of cannabis and driving while license suspended.
Posted April 11, 2014