- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Trooper seizes 3 pounds of cannabis in traffic stop on I-90
Online Staff Report
PECATONICA, Ill. — At approximately 10 p.m., Wednesday, April 9, an Illinois State Police trooper conducted a traffic stop in the westbound lanes of I-90 near South Beloit in Winnebago County.
A black 2013 Toyota passenger car was stopped for speeding. A probable cause search revealed approximately 3 pounds of cannabis in the trunk of the vehicle.
Troopers arrested and charged the driver, Stanley D. Sellers, 37, of Dubuque, Iowa, with possession with intent to deliver 500 to 2,000 grams of cannabis and driving while license suspended.
Posted April 11, 2014