- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Adam Kinzinger to honor Rockford Rescue Mission for 50 years of service
Online Staff Report
U.S. Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Channahon, will be in Rockford Wednesday, April 16, to present the Rockford Rescue Mission with comments entered into the Congressional Record commemorating the facility’s 50th anniversary.
Kinzinger will present a copy of the Congressional Record to Executive Director Sherry Pitney at 1:20 p.m., at the Rockford Rescue Mission, 715 W. State St., Rockford.
In May, the mission will celebrate 50 years of service to the Rockford community. In 2013, the mission served 160,000 meals, provided more than 58,000 beds for lodging, distributed more than 159,000 items, facilitated more than 10,000 counseling sessions, and served over 2,500 clinic patients.