- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Adam Kinzinger to honor Rockford Rescue Mission for 50 years of service
Online Staff Report
U.S. Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Channahon, will be in Rockford Wednesday, April 16, to present the Rockford Rescue Mission with comments entered into the Congressional Record commemorating the facility’s 50th anniversary.
Kinzinger will present a copy of the Congressional Record to Executive Director Sherry Pitney at 1:20 p.m., at the Rockford Rescue Mission, 715 W. State St., Rockford.
In May, the mission will celebrate 50 years of service to the Rockford community. In 2013, the mission served 160,000 meals, provided more than 58,000 beds for lodging, distributed more than 159,000 items, facilitated more than 10,000 counseling sessions, and served over 2,500 clinic patients.