- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Adam Kinzinger to honor Rockford Rescue Mission for 50 years of service
Online Staff Report
U.S. Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Channahon, will be in Rockford Wednesday, April 16, to present the Rockford Rescue Mission with comments entered into the Congressional Record commemorating the facility’s 50th anniversary.
Kinzinger will present a copy of the Congressional Record to Executive Director Sherry Pitney at 1:20 p.m., at the Rockford Rescue Mission, 715 W. State St., Rockford.
In May, the mission will celebrate 50 years of service to the Rockford community. In 2013, the mission served 160,000 meals, provided more than 58,000 beds for lodging, distributed more than 159,000 items, facilitated more than 10,000 counseling sessions, and served over 2,500 clinic patients.