- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Adam Kinzinger to honor Rockford Rescue Mission for 50 years of service
Online Staff Report
U.S. Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Channahon, will be in Rockford Wednesday, April 16, to present the Rockford Rescue Mission with comments entered into the Congressional Record commemorating the facility’s 50th anniversary.
Kinzinger will present a copy of the Congressional Record to Executive Director Sherry Pitney at 1:20 p.m., at the Rockford Rescue Mission, 715 W. State St., Rockford.
In May, the mission will celebrate 50 years of service to the Rockford community. In 2013, the mission served 160,000 meals, provided more than 58,000 beds for lodging, distributed more than 159,000 items, facilitated more than 10,000 counseling sessions, and served over 2,500 clinic patients.