- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Adam Kinzinger to honor Rockford Rescue Mission for 50 years of service
Online Staff Report
U.S. Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Channahon, will be in Rockford Wednesday, April 16, to present the Rockford Rescue Mission with comments entered into the Congressional Record commemorating the facility’s 50th anniversary.
Kinzinger will present a copy of the Congressional Record to Executive Director Sherry Pitney at 1:20 p.m., at the Rockford Rescue Mission, 715 W. State St., Rockford.
In May, the mission will celebrate 50 years of service to the Rockford community. In 2013, the mission served 160,000 meals, provided more than 58,000 beds for lodging, distributed more than 159,000 items, facilitated more than 10,000 counseling sessions, and served over 2,500 clinic patients.