- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
Aviators hold open tryout April 21 at Aviators Stadium
• Each athlete must pay a $40 registration fee
LOVES PARK, Ill. — The Rockford Aviators baseball team will hold an open tryout for athletes wishing to play for the Aviators for the 2014 season.
The tryout will be Monday, April 21, at Aviators Stadium in Loves Park. Registration for the tryout will begin at 9 a.m., and stretching begins at 10 a.m. Each athlete will be required to pay a $40 registration fee.
Each athlete will be expected to participate in a 60-yard sprint, hitting drills, throwing drills from respective positions, and other drills typical of a professional tryout.
To try out, you must have completed high school, must not have any college athletic eligibility remaining, and must be younger than 27 years of age per league rules. Amateur status can be affected just by trying out, so make sure you meet all of the requirements listed.
Call the Aviators’ office at (815) 885-2255 for more details.
The Aviators will open the 2014 season Friday, May 16, at home against the River City Rascals at 7:05 p.m. Season ticket packages and advertising information is available by calling (815) 885-2255.
From the April 16-22, 2014, issue