- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Aviators hold open tryout April 21 at Aviators Stadium
• Each athlete must pay a $40 registration fee
LOVES PARK, Ill. — The Rockford Aviators baseball team will hold an open tryout for athletes wishing to play for the Aviators for the 2014 season.
The tryout will be Monday, April 21, at Aviators Stadium in Loves Park. Registration for the tryout will begin at 9 a.m., and stretching begins at 10 a.m. Each athlete will be required to pay a $40 registration fee.
Each athlete will be expected to participate in a 60-yard sprint, hitting drills, throwing drills from respective positions, and other drills typical of a professional tryout.
To try out, you must have completed high school, must not have any college athletic eligibility remaining, and must be younger than 27 years of age per league rules. Amateur status can be affected just by trying out, so make sure you meet all of the requirements listed.
Call the Aviators’ office at (815) 885-2255 for more details.
The Aviators will open the 2014 season Friday, May 16, at home against the River City Rascals at 7:05 p.m. Season ticket packages and advertising information is available by calling (815) 885-2255.
From the April 16-22, 2014, issue