- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
Lindsay Draper joins Music Academy faculty
Lindsay Draper has joined The Music Academy in Rockford as a voice teacher. She is accepting new students and works with students from age 8 to adults.
Draper graduated from North Park University with a bachelor of art in music. At North Park, she was a section leader in the North Park University Choir, a position for which she had to audition. She also participated in the North Park University Women’s Choir and the school’s opera workshops. This summer, she will portray Mother Abbess in Rock Valley College Starlight Theater’s performances of The Sound of Music.
The Music Academy is a community-based not-for-profit school of music dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable instruction and performance opportunities to students, regardless of age or ability. It is in Loreen Hall, 226 S. Second St. For more information or to register for voice instruction from Draper, call (815) 986-0037 or visit www.MusicAcademyinRockford.com.
From the April 16-22, 2014, issue