- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Lindsay Draper joins Music Academy faculty
Lindsay Draper has joined The Music Academy in Rockford as a voice teacher. She is accepting new students and works with students from age 8 to adults.
Draper graduated from North Park University with a bachelor of art in music. At North Park, she was a section leader in the North Park University Choir, a position for which she had to audition. She also participated in the North Park University Women’s Choir and the school’s opera workshops. This summer, she will portray Mother Abbess in Rock Valley College Starlight Theater’s performances of The Sound of Music.
The Music Academy is a community-based not-for-profit school of music dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable instruction and performance opportunities to students, regardless of age or ability. It is in Loreen Hall, 226 S. Second St. For more information or to register for voice instruction from Draper, call (815) 986-0037 or visit www.MusicAcademyinRockford.com.
From the April 16-22, 2014, issue