- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
Lindsay Draper joins Music Academy faculty
Lindsay Draper has joined The Music Academy in Rockford as a voice teacher. She is accepting new students and works with students from age 8 to adults.
Draper graduated from North Park University with a bachelor of art in music. At North Park, she was a section leader in the North Park University Choir, a position for which she had to audition. She also participated in the North Park University Women’s Choir and the school’s opera workshops. This summer, she will portray Mother Abbess in Rock Valley College Starlight Theater’s performances of The Sound of Music.
The Music Academy is a community-based not-for-profit school of music dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable instruction and performance opportunities to students, regardless of age or ability. It is in Loreen Hall, 226 S. Second St. For more information or to register for voice instruction from Draper, call (815) 986-0037 or visit www.MusicAcademyinRockford.com.
From the April 16-22, 2014, issue