- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Lindsay Draper joins Music Academy faculty
Lindsay Draper has joined The Music Academy in Rockford as a voice teacher. She is accepting new students and works with students from age 8 to adults.
Draper graduated from North Park University with a bachelor of art in music. At North Park, she was a section leader in the North Park University Choir, a position for which she had to audition. She also participated in the North Park University Women’s Choir and the school’s opera workshops. This summer, she will portray Mother Abbess in Rock Valley College Starlight Theater’s performances of The Sound of Music.
The Music Academy is a community-based not-for-profit school of music dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable instruction and performance opportunities to students, regardless of age or ability. It is in Loreen Hall, 226 S. Second St. For more information or to register for voice instruction from Draper, call (815) 986-0037 or visit www.MusicAcademyinRockford.com.
From the April 16-22, 2014, issue