- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Lindsay Draper joins Music Academy faculty
Lindsay Draper has joined The Music Academy in Rockford as a voice teacher. She is accepting new students and works with students from age 8 to adults.
Draper graduated from North Park University with a bachelor of art in music. At North Park, she was a section leader in the North Park University Choir, a position for which she had to audition. She also participated in the North Park University Women’s Choir and the school’s opera workshops. This summer, she will portray Mother Abbess in Rock Valley College Starlight Theater’s performances of The Sound of Music.
The Music Academy is a community-based not-for-profit school of music dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable instruction and performance opportunities to students, regardless of age or ability. It is in Loreen Hall, 226 S. Second St. For more information or to register for voice instruction from Draper, call (815) 986-0037 or visit www.MusicAcademyinRockford.com.
From the April 16-22, 2014, issue