- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Literary Hook: Poem captures the moment of preparation
By Christine Swanberg
Author and Poet
by Linda Melville
the quiet place
deep secret space
where images merge as they emerge
where lacy words first warble and then recede
where newborn thoughts braid among the ancients.
toward the ephemeral destination
and on arrival
receive the words that await you.
Linda Melville grew up on the southwest side of Chicago and came to Rockford as a student teacher at Carlson Elementary, where she taught for the next 39 years.
Writing has always been an important part of her personal and professional life, whether practicing the craft or sharing her passion with her students.
Christine Swanberg is a local author and poet. She received the Lawrence E. Gloyd Community Impact Award at the 2012 Rockford Area Arts Council State of the Arts Awards.
Posted April 16, 2014