- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
Northern Illinois Heart Walk/5K May 3
The American Heart Association will host the 2014 Northern Illinois Heart Walk Saturday, May 3, at Rock Valley College (RVC), 3301 N. Mulford Road, Rockford, to support the fight against heart disease and stroke. Opening ceremonies begin at 8 a.m., and the walk/5k will start at 9 a.m.
This year’s Northern Illinois Heart Walk will feature a 2-mile walk in an effort to raise $99,000 for the American Heart Association’s research, educational and awareness programs in Illinois and across the country. Walkers are encouraged to raise $100 or more by collecting donations from friends, co-workers and family.
Heart Walk participants can visit three villages at the Heart Walk, including My Heart, My Life and My Community. In those villages, they can visit the many different booths where they can enjoy health screenings, visit the tribute wall, share their story as a survivor, take the pledge to lead healthier and more active lives, learn more from fitness experts, enjoy nutritious refreshments, receive a lifestyle change award, celebrate their fund-raising success, get their team photo taken and more.
For more information and to support the Heart Walks, visit rockfordilheartwalk.org, or contact Corporate Events Director Shondra McLarty at (925) 705-5287 or Shondra.email@example.com.
From the April 16-22, 2014, issue