- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Northern Illinois Heart Walk/5K May 3
The American Heart Association will host the 2014 Northern Illinois Heart Walk Saturday, May 3, at Rock Valley College (RVC), 3301 N. Mulford Road, Rockford, to support the fight against heart disease and stroke. Opening ceremonies begin at 8 a.m., and the walk/5k will start at 9 a.m.
This year’s Northern Illinois Heart Walk will feature a 2-mile walk in an effort to raise $99,000 for the American Heart Association’s research, educational and awareness programs in Illinois and across the country. Walkers are encouraged to raise $100 or more by collecting donations from friends, co-workers and family.
Heart Walk participants can visit three villages at the Heart Walk, including My Heart, My Life and My Community. In those villages, they can visit the many different booths where they can enjoy health screenings, visit the tribute wall, share their story as a survivor, take the pledge to lead healthier and more active lives, learn more from fitness experts, enjoy nutritious refreshments, receive a lifestyle change award, celebrate their fund-raising success, get their team photo taken and more.
For more information and to support the Heart Walks, visit rockfordilheartwalk.org, or contact Corporate Events Director Shondra McLarty at (925) 705-5287 or Shondra.firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the April 16-22, 2014, issue