- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Northern Illinois Heart Walk/5K May 3
The American Heart Association will host the 2014 Northern Illinois Heart Walk Saturday, May 3, at Rock Valley College (RVC), 3301 N. Mulford Road, Rockford, to support the fight against heart disease and stroke. Opening ceremonies begin at 8 a.m., and the walk/5k will start at 9 a.m.
This year’s Northern Illinois Heart Walk will feature a 2-mile walk in an effort to raise $99,000 for the American Heart Association’s research, educational and awareness programs in Illinois and across the country. Walkers are encouraged to raise $100 or more by collecting donations from friends, co-workers and family.
Heart Walk participants can visit three villages at the Heart Walk, including My Heart, My Life and My Community. In those villages, they can visit the many different booths where they can enjoy health screenings, visit the tribute wall, share their story as a survivor, take the pledge to lead healthier and more active lives, learn more from fitness experts, enjoy nutritious refreshments, receive a lifestyle change award, celebrate their fund-raising success, get their team photo taken and more.
For more information and to support the Heart Walks, visit rockfordilheartwalk.org, or contact Corporate Events Director Shondra McLarty at (925) 705-5287 or Shondra.firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the April 16-22, 2014, issue